Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Korban mincha Siddur

Fulloflove

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 5:43 pm
Anyone know if this is a lubavitch minhag to receive a korban mincha siddur from the chosson as a wedding gift. I never heard a source.

lucky

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 10:06 pm
I know that I got one and I'm definetly not lub.

Fulloflove

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 11:37 pm
Is there a reason people give it?

queen

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 8:39 am
specifically a KORBON MINCHA?

regardless of being lubavitch or not, many chossanim give their kallah a siddur. which 'brand' I'd think would be based purely on choice.

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 11:13 am
I am Lub and my hubby gave me a korban mincha siddur when we got married. he did it cuz his father told him it was the "thing" to do. I will ask my fil the source

mommy2

Post Sat, Jul 30 2005, 10:26 pm
It is a lubavitch minhag I got 1 too. The Rebbe says that women didnt know the translation of davening and yiddish was the spoken language, so they were able to open the siddur and understand the davening. Today its a good thing to keep the minhag, but its not a must b/c many women know the translation and women dont all speak yiddish but the minhag is to give something kedusha.

Mommamia

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 11:36 pm
it is specifically a Korbon mincha siddur (over/in additional to other sidurim) being that a(I think this is the readon...) all the halochos which are needed to know are in there, In yiddish, so it was given to the kallah to learn from...
I'm not sure if the minhag is still done these days, being that we don't use it as are method of learning the halachos.

shira

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 3:54 am
I dont know about any chabad minhagim but we are as litvish as they come and my husband gave me a korban mincha (actually, he didn't give it to me as a wedding gift b/c he didnt know about it but when I asked him - in jest- why he didn't get me a korban mincha, he presented it to me on my next birthday).
Once again, as far as I know, at least in the litvishe world, it isn't a "minhag", but it is "done".
The reason for the Korban Mincha is because it has the halachas concerning the 3 mitzvos that are specifically for a married woman- niddah, neiros, and challah. I suppose thats why a husband presents it to his wife as a wedding gift.
Oh, and in my korban mincha, the halachos are in hebrew.

Motek

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:39 pm
interesting that a Lubavitcher would get that as a gift when that is not the nusach a Lubavitcher davens
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics