Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Cash app

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 7:20 am
Can someone please explain to me how cashapp works? Do you have to put money in to pay for things? Does the money automatically go to your bank account?

nchr

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 8:06 am
I have only used it to pay others. The money is deducted straight from my bank account and AFAIU it is placed into the other users account.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 9:57 am
Does anyone know about receiving money? I have an amount on the app and it says cash out. What will that do? Where is the money now? There are no instructions on the app that I noticed.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone know about receiving money? I have an amount on the app and it says cash out. What will that do? Where is the money now? There are no instructions on the app that I noticed.

Cashing out means having the fund transfered to your checking account. Right now the money is just sitting in your cash app account.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:18 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Cashing out means having the fund transfered to your checking account. Right now the money is just sitting in your cash app account.

Thank you. That’s what I thought, but I don’t like pressing buttons when I’m not sure. Does anything happen if I let it sit in the app? Is there a time limit?

groovy1224

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. That’s what I thought, but I don’t like pressing buttons when I’m not sure. Does anything happen if I let it sit in the app? Is there a time limit?

No, I'm not aware of there being a time limit. I'm not sure why someone would choose to let it sit as opposed to transferring, but then again I'm not a huge cash app/venmo user in general. I think the app can be used to pay for things at stores, so maybe that's why.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:30 am
groovy1224 wrote:
No, I'm not aware of there being a time limit. I'm not sure why someone would choose to let it sit as opposed to transferring, but then again I'm not a huge cash app/venmo user in general. I think the app can be used to pay for things at stores, so maybe that's why.

Thank you! I don’t know why I would leave it there, but asking anyway. Going to cash out now Smile .

Radish

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:44 pm
Just beware of scammers if you're using the cash app. Many people lost money there

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 9:48 am
Radish wrote:
Just beware of scammers if you're using the cash app. Many people lost money there

What do you mean? How?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you mean? How?

People have borrowed someones phone and casually sent themselves money. Or they had sent themselves more than what was agreed while in control of the phone.

You should secure a pin on the app that needs to be put in before making a transfer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 10:48 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
People have borrowed someones phone and casually sent themselves money. Or they had sent themselves more than what was agreed while in control of the phone.

You should secure a pin on the app that needs to be put in before making a transfer.

Okay, thanks. I’m actually having trouble cashing out because the number the bank has for me is an old one. I have to call the bank up to change it. I hope they won’t give me any trouble.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics