Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Ugh. Husband forgot to pack DS’s Zoloft

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:06 am
DS takes a low dose 50 Mg dose of Zoloft daily. DH and him left for some father son bonding and he forgot the medicine. Will miss 4 doses unless I overnight it. I can call dr tmr to ask but anyone have experience with this?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:21 am
I don't think 4 days of a missed SSRI drug will really have any effect, maybe some slight withdrawal symptoms after a couple of the days. The anxiety/depression will certainly not return in that time. But there are some people who have extreme reactions to even one missed dose, so you know your son best. Have you ever missed a dose? What kind of reaction did you see in him?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:22 am
Never have missed a dose in the year he has been on it. Thanks for taking time to reply

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 11:22 am
Is the prescription at a chain that can fill it at a different branch? Call your dr and ask and probably dr can refill it somewhere they are.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:15 pm
I’d be concerned about withdrawal symptoms (although I don’t know).
Ask dr to send script to where they are

Fox

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:26 pm
While missing four doses of most medications of this nature wouldn't be a problem, Zoloft has a very short half-life. Unlike other SSRI drugs, it enters and leaves the system quickly.

This is a big plus because patients don't have to wait 3 weeks to see an improvement. But it's a minus when you miss a few doses. I vote with those who suggest having the physician call in the prescription to a nearby pharmacy or overnighting it.

singleagain

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Is the prescription at a chain that can fill it at a different branch? Call your dr and ask and probably dr can refill it somewhere they are.

This when I was on vacation I was able to get insurance to do a vacation override and spot me the pills I needed.

Much better than to purposely go without.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 12:27 pm
I take Zoloft. One missed dose and I get a mild headache. More than that and I get awful brain shocks. So it’s ok to miss one, just give him Advil to handle headaches. But get it ASAP. You don’t want to learn about brain zaps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children