Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Anyone here a playgroup morah in their home?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 12:22 pm
I'm considering opening up a 3 yr. old playgroup (legally) in my bsmnt. for next year.

Any tips on if I should/not do it?

Thanks

BlumaG

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 12:40 pm
first of all good luck
I helped run a 18m-3yr program alst yr, it was alot of fun but lotsa work
if u enjoy woirking with that age kids I wud say go ahead
I personally enjoyed the younger kids to the older ones though

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 2:56 pm
I have a 3 yr old playgroup in my basement-
it is a lot of fun
I do not do it legally tho- from what I heard it costs a lot to do that, and you have to fit a lot of requirements- look into it

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 11:49 pm
just curious, not judging....

why wouldn't you want to follow the rules and do what's required? If it's a business you need to run it as such, no? Unless you're doing it for free and not charging, don't you need the proper paperwork with the state, etc?

sure it's expensive, but so is paying taxes and it's illegal not to do that, so we do it.

anyway, there are GREAT resources out there for those just starting out. I do not run a home daycare, but I know people who do....

you can buy a cd that gives you form templates, menu and meal planning ideas, seasonal themes, printable activities, successful interview tips, advertising ideas, health and safety stuff, and runs you through some of the government regulations.

go to.... http://www.startahomedaycare.c.....HkuXg

but maybe I'm misunderstanding and you're not talking about a home daycare, but just a mommy and me type group where the moms will be there too? You don't need to file any paperwork for those and there is no limit to the number of children you can take because there's one adult for every child. But I wouldn't charge for that--- I'd make it a fun once a week type thing.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 8:23 am
OP Here.

Thank you for your advise. I do plan on doing it legally. I just wanted to know what others advise is good/bad.

rachel19977

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 3:47 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
just curious, not judging....

why wouldn't you want to follow the rules and do what's required? If it's a business you need to run it as such, no? Unless you're doing it for free and not charging, don't you need the proper paperwork with the state, etc?

sure it's expensive, but so is paying taxes and it's illegal not to do that, so we do it.

anyway, there are GREAT resources out there for those just starting out. I do not run a home daycare, but I know people who do....

you can buy a cd that gives you form templates, menu and meal planning ideas, seasonal themes, printable activities, successful interview tips, advertising ideas, health and safety stuff, and runs you through some of the government regulations.

go to.... http://www.startahomedaycare.c.....HkuXg

but maybe I'm misunderstanding and you're not talking about a home daycare, but just a mommy and me type group where the moms will be there too? You don't need to file any paperwork for those and there is no limit to the number of children you can take because there's one adult for every child. But I wouldn't charge for that--- I'd make it a fun once a week type thing.

Where do you get jewish theme stuff?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 3:45 pm
good question---- A regular Jewish preschool would be a good place to start I suppose--- ask them what resources they use!

I don't have a home daycare, I just know people who do. But nobody Jewish.

Boys Mom

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 7:36 pm
on e-chinuch.org you can find alot of stuff for pre-school ages.

happymom

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 11:13 pm
I would suggest u have the right teacher, child ratio. I think its 3-4 kids per teacher, and not have more then 12 kidts in the class... thats whats best for that age....

good for u that u are gonna follow the right guidlines!

rachel19977

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 5:02 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
good question---- A regular Jewish preschool would be a good place to start I suppose--- ask them what resources they use!

I don't have a home daycare, I just know people who do. But nobody Jewish.

Ahh I asked, but now that I'm in Israel I can't get to my resources I had in US!

The Cheder my son is in doesn't seem to be of help... Isn't there any jewish website that has daycare packages and CD's, books, tapes they sell for daycares?

rachel19977

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 5:16 am
Boys Mom wrote:
on e-chinuch.org you can find alot of stuff for pre-school ages.

Hmmm I didn't really find stuff on there for the younger kids....

raizy

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 9:48 pm
first of all . in ny it is very hard to become legal. and the ratio is very hard. also all the requirements that the goverment want is next to immoposiable. I know there are some legal day cares in n.y. but not too many.

second of all . I do run a day care. and most of my children are younger then 2.6 yrs older then that they are all in school. that they way it works in my area. also everyone is legal here.

you can start with eskys books. they are so good. and also the parshah books. so right away you have the yom tovs and parshah covered. then I get some good pictures from coloring books. and kids just love to paint. and glue,and cut and just color. also my kids love to use play dough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics