Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
New strain of coronavirus may be even more contagious

banana123

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 8:00 am
https://www.washingtonpost.com.....=true

southernbubby

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 8:11 am
Just like superbugs, this virus is trying to stay alive.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 8:24 am
If they didn't want to overwhelm hospitals, they should have let us all (except high risk who shoulda stayed home) get it this summer before flu season. I'm a nurse and my particular department is not affected by season or weather in term of amount of patients, but I remember being a student in pediatrics and learning how every winter they'd fill up and summertime was usually calmish.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 8:56 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
If they didn't want to overwhelm hospitals, they should have let us all (except high risk who shoulda stayed home) get it this summer before flu season. I'm a nurse and my particular department is not affected by season or weather in term of amount of patients, but I remember being a student in pediatrics and learning how every winter they'd fill up and summertime was usually calmish.

We all tried getting it by mingling without masks, doing illegal camps and daycamps and we didn’t get it anyway.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 9:10 am
The key word is "may"and "potentially"

does not mean anything to me of any great substance at all

being super careful but learned not to hop on every alarm ambulance band wagon

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 9:21 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
We all tried getting it by mingling without masks, doing illegal camps and daycamps and we didn’t get it anyway.
you can only get it by mingling without masks with someone who is positive. If you truly want to test the water I’m sure some Hospital covid patients would love a visitor to talk to.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 9:36 am

Maybe you were all asymptomatic. That's more common than previously though. I remember hearing on the news about a month ago how Corona spread all over.the geriatrics unit of a hospital, where everyone would be super high risk, but the vast majority of positives were asymptomatic.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 10:03 am
If they didn't want to overwhelm hospitals, they should have let us all (except high risk who shoulda stayed home) get it this summer before flu season. I'm a nurse ...

How about if you show that to some of the doctors you work with (for your job safety, I suggest you say it was something you read on the internet) and let us know what they say?

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 10:09 am

You did get it. It just takes time to spread, and I guess we've just ran out of time...

Just because you do something for two months without repurcussions doesn't mean that there will never be repurcussions. It's exactly like saying, I've always done dangerous things but never got hurt... no, not YET.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 10:10 am

Wow, are you not worried about the long-term affects at all? I'm not high risk so I'm not worried about dying, but I am terrified that getting the virus would result in a lower quality of life. I've heard too many stories of diminished lung capacity and cardiac issues and other problems from relatively young people who didn't even have serious cases that required hospitalization.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 25 2020, 10:25 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Wow, are you not worried about the long-term affects at all? I'm not high risk so I'm not worried about dying, but I am terrified that getting the virus would result in a lower quality of life. I've heard too many stories of diminished lung capacity and cardiac issues and other problems from relatively young people who didn't even have serious cases that required hospitalization.

I got Covid the week before Purim. I STILL can't taste certain things, and other things taste really weird. I also can't tell if food is spoiled or not. Sometimes it smells like it's going off, but I'm not sure. I end up throwing a lot of food away, because I'm afraid of food poisoning.

In the grand scheme of things it's a pretty small issue as far as long term effects goes, but it does show that there's a lot more to this virus than "just getting over it."

I'm also concerned that any antibodies I had have worn off by now, seeing as how I got it so early into the pandemic. My doctor's office does not do that test, and I'd have to travel for an hour or more to get the antibody test done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics