Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
So many old suits barely worn from 20 years ago, what

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:05 pm
should I do with them? I'd rather not just give it to the donation places that will sell it for the material. But people don't wear suits these days.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:15 pm
I would throw them out. Like you said, nobody wears them anymore. Or give it to places that sell for material if that would make you feel like it’s not a total waste.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:17 pm
Hold onto them just a bit longer. Suits with skirts are on their way back. I’m sure yours can be tweaked to fit the right look.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....t/amp

I literally just bought one for the fall, though I admit I’ve always loved a well-tailored suit.

lucky14

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:20 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Hold onto them just a bit longer. Suits with skirts are on their way back. I’m sure yours can be tweaked to fit the right look.

I literally just bought one for the fall, though I admit I’ve always loved a well-tailored suit.

When styles come back they are usually different enough that the older versions are still SO old looking....

tigerwife

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:23 pm
lucky14 wrote:
When styles come back they are usually different enough that the older versions are still SO old looking....

Not necessarily. When dresses made a comeback, some people literally pulled out their mom’s dresses from way back. I supposed you need to appreciate vintage as well.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:23 pm
Can the skirts be paired with sweaters instead of the jackets!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:43 pm
Donate them to a chesed fund. Someone will be happy to have them or will know how to make them work.

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:50 pm
I’ll take that black velvet as my Shabbos robe

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
should I do with them? I'd rather not just give it to the donation places that will sell it for the material. But people don't wear suits these days.

Blazers are making a comeback. Pair them with a tshirt and a jean skirt with some cool black biker boots.

Use the pencil skirts for shabbos afternoon wear.

Or don’t bother and clean your closet and forget about it!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:03 pm
Hang out with me. We will wear them together!
Some of mine I have separated. I wear the jackets with a jean or simple black skirt and the skirts with a sweater.

Btw, my DD 19's favorite skirt is the one she pilfered from my closet. It was the one I wore the night DH and I got engaged. I wore it with a matching top and she wears it with plain black. The peices come back if they are quality and you waiting enough.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:11 pm
Lol! Just saw that thread! My girls have literally been going thru my closet tonight trying on my old stuff! They had so much fun.
My 17 yr old actually found a skirt that she's planning on wearing yom tov.
My other ones are planning on wearing the suits next purim! LOL

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:32 pm
I sold quite a few of my old suits on ebay/poshmark. was surprised that there was an interest in them. didnt make a ton of money, but it was better than dumping them.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:37 pm
tigerwife wrote:

80s fashion in general is coming back so I am sure suits will make a comeback, too. However, anything from 20 years ago is likely to have a dated look, whether it is color, design, or the cut of the suit. Unless it is truly a classic suit, I would give it away to Goodwill etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics