Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Audio Book Options in Gener? Also wondering about in Israel?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 8:12 pm
Totally clueless about what options are for audio books and the differences between them.
Does Amazon Prime offer anything for free?
So far have heard of Audible but that cost monthly.
My library seems to have some options but titles are limited.
Is anyone knowledgeable about different options. Which ones have the most titles. Or do different options specialize in different types of titles? what is most cost effective? Especially during covid when a person may not want to handle library books or go out of the house so much.

Also on a separate but related note what do people who live in Israel but want American books to read do? Can they/do they use one of these audio services?
Are there English libraries? I am assuming for kids it would be easier to have and more necessary to have an English library. But for adults too many different types of books to have such a thing.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 9:09 pm
It’s funny I was just researching this today. As far as I can tell, audible does not work in Israel. If you hear of something else please let me know!

youngishbear

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 9:23 pm
I don't know anything about Israeli access, but there's a service called Scribd that has audiobooks and ebooks for a monthly fee.

I use Libby, or Overdrive, which connects me to the digital collections at the New York Public Library and the Brooklyn Public Library.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics