Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How can an American Jew get a student visa?
Previous  1  2

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:49 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
The problem here isn't the Israeli government. It's that your daughter's school wouldn't make arrangements for her. I'm sorry to hear about that, and hope she'll get back soon.

Exactly. amother chocolate, I know it's frustrating for you and your daughter but these are not normal times. There is a worldwide pandemic and Israel has to protect the people who live here now.
If there wasn't a pandemic your daughter would be able to study here and make aliyah whenever she wanted to.
These are extenuating circumstances. Israel is doing the best it can to facilitate Aliyah now. Let your daughter start the paperwork and see when she can get a date.
The fact that she cant come right now is due to her school, not the israeli government.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 7:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't see how a poster can say "there is a pandemic that Trumps everything, and all your relatives can wait 6+ months to see you" and then in the next sentence say "but my father gets to see his grandchildren for their bar/bat mitzvahs, tee hee"

Very selfish.

Did you read the part where I mentioned that it has been over a year since he has seen them? (Or us?) And that the Bat Mitzvah is still a few months away (actually after Pesach), meaning it will be closer to eighteen months by then?

And he is not trying to register in a yeshiva or university just to get in earlier. He is following the laws, and using his own judgement about his personal level of risk.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 9:39 am
Elfrida wrote:
Did you read the part where I mentioned that it has been over a year since he has seen them? (Or us?) And that the Bat Mitzvah is still a few months away (actually after Pesach), meaning it will be closer to eighteen months by then?

And he is not trying to register in a yeshiva or university just to get in earlier. He is following the laws, and using his own judgement about his personal level of risk.

I also haven't seen my parents in almost a year. And they live pretty close by. They are not flying to any simchos. They just missed 2 grandchildrens weddings.

We all miss our grandparents and parents.

Yes, I am upset my daughters school was not able to help. they applied for permission but were not given it. Its a school that is not geared towards non Israelis so they have no set up for that.

I just think in the future people will think twice about committing to study in Israel knowing that at any time their visa could basically be revoked.

Like I said, the country where I live (with way lower virus rates then Israel) is allowing in anyone with a valid tourist visa or student visa.

If Israel really cared about people bringing in covid from abroad, don't allow citizens to go on vacation. Or a thousand other measures that actually work.

Israel is not just any country. The USA has similar rules and its their right. Israel has many educational programmes encouraging Jewish students to come and study in Israel.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions