Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Cosleeper recommendation

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 9:11 am
I've always dreamed of a cosleeper, but I don't have space in my room. There are two models that I want to look into and wondering if anyone has experience with them, or recommendations of specific brands or products.
1. In bed cosleeper - I'd appreciate hearing pros and cons of this option. Are these products safe?
2. The type that the stand slides under the bed, and the bassinet sits on top of the bed. (Like the halo)

Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance!

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 9:19 am
Following.. looking for the same and feels like I’m searching for a unicorn. Option 1 from the research I’ve done, sounds like no real safe options. The problem is with option 2 is that I’m being super picky and everyone I find has some pretty negative reviews.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 7:21 pm
Bump.
Anyone have a cosleeper (bassinet over bed/in bed style) that they really like?

challahchallah

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 8:07 pm
I really loved the Halo. Here’s another recent thread on this topic so you can get some other opinions:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....05148

tichellady

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 8:09 pm
I had one and it was fine but honestly had to get up to change diaper and use the bathroom and drink water etc so it wasn’t like it really mattered if it was a co sleeper or a bassinet since I did have to get out of my bed constantly. We used the arms reach one

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 8:40 pm
Still using my arms reach for my 8 month old and it's so helpful. Much smaller than a pac n play which is the next thing she'll be in (next to my bed), no reaching down for her, and I honestly don't even register all the nursing sessions we do...

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 8:42 pm
Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper is great!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:19 pm
Thanks for the recommendations!
To the mother that said she had the halo... how easily does the side come down? From the pictures it look like you need to push it down, do you need to sit up to do it?

Re: the arms reach, Do you have experience with the over the bed model? Does one of the sides come down for easier access to baby?

Also, thank you for the link to the other thread.. heading over to take a look.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To the mother that said she had the halo... how easily does the side come down? From the pictures it look like you need to push it down, do you need to sit up to do it?

You do need to push it down but it’s not hard at all. I didn’t need to sit up to do it, but as my baby got bigger I ended up needing to sit a little anyway to have enough leverage to pick up my (admittedly large) kid.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:54 pm
Thanks. Which model did you have?

challahchallah

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. Which model did you have?

Essentia series. I think it’s just the most basic one.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Re: the arms reach, Do you have experience with the over the bed model? Does one of the sides come down for easier access to baby?

Also, thank you for the link to the other thread.. heading over to take a look.

Mine I attached to the bed and that side was almost level with the bed so very easy to pick up and breastfeed.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:12 pm
I have the one that's next to my bed with a side always lowered.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 11:04 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Yes that's the one I have, one side always lowered, it's great!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 11:14 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Can you post a link?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 11:17 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Can you post a link?

Sure:
https://www.armsreach.com/coll.....C2%AE

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 11:18 pm
Mine is older but more like this one
https://www.armsreach.com/prod.....eeper

persephonefalls

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 1:19 am
Another vote for the Arm's Reach cosleeper. We used it for my first two kids, and then lent it out so many times it disappeared. For my current baby, a friend offered me her Halo Bassinest, and I was so excited to try it because everyone seems to love it...and I hated it. It felt really big, and even though the side pushes down, I was always scared to do it because it felt like it would wake the baby. It also felt like she was all the way over there in a box instead of close by me.

We got a new Arm's Reach cosleeper instead, and I was so much happier. I could see her, but she wasn't right on top of me, and it was so easy to put her in and take her out. It's still my favorite!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics