Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Day trips in Jerusalem for 18 mo old

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 4:46 am
What carona safe ( mostly outdoor based or non crowded ) ideas does anyone have of activities for an 18 mo old in or near Jerusalem ? I need to take him places he ( and I) are going crazy . Doesn't seem like the zoo is open. Any ideas of what's open ? Help !

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:34 am
A child that age doesn't need anything more exciting than a local playground. Look for cats and birds and busses outside, and you're set.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:45 am
We do all of the above already . The playgrounds are Swarming bc nobody is in school. He has to wait a half hour just to go on a slide

Success10

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:46 am
Take a bus to a different neighborhood, maybe one with less kids, and try out a new park.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We do all of the above already . The playgrounds are Swarming bc nobody is in school. He has to wait a half hour just to go on a slide

At that age, he doesn't really know that he's waiting. He can be distracted by something else. But yeah, try checking out other neighborhoods. Even the bus ride will be exciting.

mochamix18

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:03 am
Take him to the Rose Garden to feed the ducks

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 6:15 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
At that age, he doesn't really know that he's waiting. He can be distracted by something else. But yeah, try checking out other neighborhoods. Even the bus ride will be exciting.

Ummm if I posted here and am writing that he needs to wait and that it's a problem then clearly he does know that he's waiting and clearly he does need some more activities. Every kid is different.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:11 am
Teach him to drive.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 8:30 am
sorry Op
Yes it is challenging.
I hope you find open spaces to walk and play.
Gan sacher? Liberty garden? Windmill Yemin Moshe? like make playgrounds out of non playgrounds which may be less crowded than traditional playgrounds. Tachana rishona?
If possible I'd invest in some riding toys and the like so he can get his fun exercise as you stroll along anyway that works for you.

ggdm

Post Thu, Oct 22 2020, 10:36 am
Get something for him to ride and go around the block. I don't know in English, but basically anything with wheels that he can do himself. We spent weeks like that in March when playgrounds were closed here! Or you can go on foot and collect stones or leaves and see interesting things like a dog or motorcycle. Go to watch birds. Or get a ball and go to some courtyard. Climbing stairs and benches was also a favorite for my little one. Really, it does not need to be big at that age.

mochamix18

Post Fri, Oct 23 2020, 5:32 am
Ggdm I think you mean a bimba juke? OP that may be just the thing and you can buy them so many places
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics