Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Wubbanub

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 8:49 am
Do you use these for your baby or just regular pacifiers?

amother
Black

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 8:58 am
Just regular. My kids didn't like that kind of paci. The shape was hard to keep in their mouths. We have one and give it sometimes it when we can't find a regular paci but it doesn't stay in for long even with the toy.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:02 am
I think they're a little gross and unhygienic. Also they're pretty heavy so I don't see the appeal. I used regular pacifiers.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:13 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I think they're a little gross and unhygienic. Also they're pretty heavy so I don't see the appeal. I used regular pacifiers.

But if they can go in the washing machine isn’t that cleaner than you could ever get a regular paci?

I hear about the weight.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:16 am
I kept washing them in the washing machine every so often. It is easier to find than a tiny pack and is cozy for the the child.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But if they can go in the washing machine isn’t that cleaner than you could ever get a regular paci?

I hear about the weight.

I sanitize regular pacifiers easily, either in the microwave or in boiling water. I don't think people are buying that many wubbanubs that they really stay on top of washing them regularly but maybe I'm wrong. Whenever I see them they look grungy.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:12 am
My baby really liked her wubbanub for a good few months. The stuffed animal was comforting and it was the right paci shape for her mouth at the time. The weight actually made it stay in better when she was lying on her back and the size made it much easier to find and grab.

At around 6 months she outgrew that paci. It was too small for her mouth and she lost interest. She liked other pacis better, but never got attached and wouldn’t use them to soothe. I don’t know if introducing her to the other pacis earlier would have made a difference.

All in all, the wubby was great when she liked it. For another kid I might get one from a different brand where you can switch up which paci is attached to the stuffed animal.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:59 am
We have a few my baby loves it. They don't get lost and she was able to get it in her mouth at a very young age.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 11:35 am
We got them from the NICU since they likes them there because they were able to position the toy part in a way that the pack stayed in the baby's mouth (they put beanie bag thingies on it to hold it down bscly)
Ever since then that's the only ones my baby likes. When the toy fell off of one it was a tragedy and we got a new one.
We do wash them often but eventually he just out grew needing one and it lives in his crib but I rarely see him even touch it.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 11:46 am
I buy it specifically bc of the weight. It's only for bed anyways, not walking around with it hanging out of their mouths.

You know what's gross and unhygienic? Pacifier clips. Or honestly, a pacifier anywhere outside of the stroller or bedroom. I wash the wubbanub at least once a week and it's no biggie.

Truly Blessed

Post Sat, Oct 31 2020, 5:10 pm
We got a knockoff that lets you change out the paci https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B.....CXX69

Dd loved it. Ds did not like this one or the wubbanub
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics