Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
2008 election

Who do you think is the best candidate for Israel?
Obama  
 10%  [ 4 ]
Clinton  
 10%  [ 4 ]
McCain  
 37%  [ 15 ]
Romney  
 22%  [ 9 ]
Other  
 20%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 40

mom21n2

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 6:00 pm
Now that Giuliani is dropping out, we should re-do the poll. And why was McCain not on the list? Seriously, who do you think is the best candidate for Israel and why?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 6:56 pm
im more worried about who will be good for america, but I am out of the politics for the moment

mimivan

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 11:50 pm
sleepless-n-ny wrote:
im more worried about who will be good for america, but I am out of the politics for the moment

Well our very existence is at stake right now, between the Iranians and giving up half of Jerusalem (the holiest half)...b'h at least some of our sisters in the chutz care...I know you really do in your heart, sleepless (and I"m sleepless too)

I think every candidate would be a disaster for E.Y (even McCain..who has great character but is addicted to compromise) except for Romney...he might pay attention to his Bible that the Land of Israel should not be given away...then again, I don't know if a Mormon in the White House would sit well with many people...A woman and an African American will get heat from only the far right...but both evangelical Xtians and the left would have a problem with a religious Mormon...

Hashem can make miracles, though...

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 3:21 am
Giuliani is out??
ouch. Who is the Republican now?

mimivan

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 3:24 am
between Romney and McCain...

(are there other contenders??)

amother

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 11:53 am
Guiliani would have been great! too bad he's out. Romeny is next on line for me. I will vote for him, I pray he gets the nomination.

Anyone who voted for the democrats, they are terrible for Israel! Liberals hate Israel!

momluv

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 1:20 pm
amother wrote:
Guiliani would have been great! too bad he's out. Romeny is next on line for me. I will vote for him, I pray he gets the nomination.

Anyone who voted for the democrats, they are terrible for Israel! Liberals hate Israel!

I agree with you on all points!! Thumbs Up

gryp

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 1:26 pm
I go for the most conservative possible. I guess that would be Romney in this case (from Massachusets, extremely liberal state. Confused )

bashinda

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 9:09 pm
I probably will vote for McCain and I voted for him in the 2000 primary as well. Unless I signed up as democrat which tends to hold water in the blue state of NY in which case I don't know what I'm going to do. Oops!

professor

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 10:29 pm
I am so dissappointed in Giuliani! but then again, as Bob Grant says, Judith Nathan finished him off

Maya

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 10:41 pm
mimivan wrote:
between Romney and McCain...

(are there other contenders??)

Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul are still in, but they're probably not gonna win.

I happen to like Huckabee, but if I have to choose between Romney and McCain, it's the latter for me.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Feb 01 2008, 4:21 pm
What kind of name is MITT for presidency??!!

"Here he is, the leader of the free world...Mr President MITT ROMNEY!!!!!" Like the world would take us seriously after that... Smile

but seriously I'm for romney or huckabee. I was in favor of Guiliani but he's out and I liked McCain but he doesnt seem too good for Israel.

mugsisme

Post Sat, Feb 02 2008, 11:03 pm
I am really bummed about the whole thing. I was going to vote for Guiliani. Now I have no idea who to vote for. We have a primary here on Feb. 9.

My father is a liberal democrat. It is so sad to talk to him about it. He is not frum, and feels terrible for the poor Palestinian plight. It makes me want to puke when he talks about it. He feels sorry for me and my brother, who are both frum and republicans.

Leah

mimivan

Post Sat, Feb 02 2008, 11:05 pm
RivkiA wrote:
What kind of name is MITT for presidency??!!

"Here he is, the leader of the free world...Mr President MITT ROMNEY!!!!!" Like the world would take us seriously after that... Smile

but seriously I'm for romney or huckabee. I was in favor of Guiliani but he's out and I liked McCain but he doesnt seem too good for Israel.

President Huckabee is better? sounds like he is shucking corn on the porch and is settin' to go to a barn raising!

But he would also be good for Israel..trouble is, people think he's too religious.

First Lady

Post Sat, Feb 02 2008, 11:35 pm
Guiliani is out?!!!!
I was going to vote for him.

roza

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 3:58 pm
the debates are available online, it's better to see one time, than to hear 1000 times. It will help you to make your own decision on who might be a better president.

check out the last democratic debate, with just Obama and Clinton

link to watch:

http://www.taudiobook.com/cata.....ter=0

bashinda

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 5:30 pm
thanks, roza for telling us!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics