Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Babygift

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:28 am
I m expecting my fourth iy´´H and in our community it is VERY common to give gifts.
I really really dont need anything. I hate clutter!
I am looking for a nice way to explain to my neigbours/friends/collegues that I dont expect and actually dont want any gifts...in a very nice way....they are very nice special caring people really.

I feel embarrassed to ask for a giftcard (which I would probably use for diapers, detergant, foodstore, regular every day things or Amazon etc.) becuase I dont want them to think I feel entitled to get something.

I really dont. but before 20 friends buy 20 outfits for 10 euro each, I would rather them save the money/time or collect for a giftcard.

I appreciate spending time topgether, just dont want unneeded items, that I then have to donate/discard...I always feel so sorry for the efford they put into assembling those pretty presents.

my friends' notes/cards I LOVE..I keep them all and stick them to the babyalbums (scrapbooking) as memoralia for the kids Smile

what do you think?

liveandlove.ima

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:33 am
create a baby registry, and they put the money there

Teomima

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:52 am
I've asking for gifts for my older children in lieu of baby gifts. When people actually pay attention, it's wonderful! The older kids don't feel overshadowed by all the attention being paid to the new baby, plus they get some much needed new clothes, toys, and books. Sure you'll still get a stubborn few who insist on giving you something for the baby (which you can always save and regift later, if you really don't want it), but hopefully your older kids will benefit, too.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 7:41 pm
thats a great idea, thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics