Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
7 year old comes to my bed almost every night and if I don't

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 11:52 pm
Let him in he goes to my husband's bed.

He is a very lovable and mushy type of child. He likes cuddling a lot. He has every kind of bear and whatever blanket he likes.

I wouldn't mind it from a parenting point because he is my baby but I can't sleep like this!!!

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:10 am
I never allowed my kids in my bed. I need my space, thank you very much. But they are usually successful when they try DH. He sleeps like a log and would be none the wiser even if a bear, a deer, and tiger would join him in bed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:12 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
I never allowed my kids in my bed. I need my space, thank you very much. But they are usually successful when they try DH. He sleeps like a log and would be none the wiser even if a bear, a deer, and tiger would join him in bed.

Very helpful Tongue Out

I do have to know how often a bear a deer and a tiger join him in his bed?

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Very helpful Tongue Out

I do have to know how often a bear a deer and a tiger join him in his bed?

Not even once, luckily. But kids all the time.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:18 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Not even once, luckily. But kids all the time.

We used to have this setup as well... I don't let he is non the wiser if it happens.

All my children till now knew that I am not good at it.
With this child he is simply not getting it. Keeps trying and sometimes he is successful!

Maybe I'm not so firm anymore?

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We used to have this setup as well... I don't let he is non the wiser if it happens.

All my children till now knew that I am not good at it.
With this child he is simply not getting it. Keeps trying and sometimes he is successful!

Maybe I'm not so firm anymore?

Maybe you’re not such a light sleeper. With me it’s just not gonna work. I won’t sleep. So unless if I’m ready to start my day at 3 am I just have to be firm about not allowing kids in.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:56 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Maybe you’re not such a light sleeper. With me it’s just not gonna work. I won’t sleep. So unless if I’m ready to start my day at 3 am I just have to be firm about not allowing kids in.

Sort of same here. We just never started the habit. Kids only allowed in our bed shabbos morning. Since birth we don’t allow kids in bed. For me it’s about habit formation: I don’t like to start something that will be hard to break

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 3:50 am
Can you put a mattress on the floor in your room, and tell him to go straight there when he wakes up in middle of the night? That’s what I did, and it worked perfectly. 6 weeks later, he was staying in his own bed the whole night
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics