Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nice handbag rec
Previous  1  2  3

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 3:19 am
nechami1 wrote:
I have a Michael Kors bag that has really lasted and lasted and still looks like new even though its around 8 years old.
Furla is a gorgeous Italian make, I now have two of their bags, they look sophisticated and classy imo...And they arent too expensive.
I also have a Marc Jacobs bag which was £250 but I find it slightly bulky and dont use as often...
Always buy leather and not the canvassy look as these will then last.

Chanel is on my list...Sigh..One day!

I know almost nothing about handbags, because handbags (esp expensive ones) don't really fit my lifestyle -- especially these days!

I do have a Furla purse and passport holder that I received as a graduation present. They are in excellent condition and made from very supple lambskin with very good workmanship. So for whatever my opinion is woth on this topic, I would recommend this manufacturer.

Newly Wed

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 5:59 am
This one is above your price point but I think it’s worth the splurge:

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:43 am
I echo those recommending Mansur Gavriel, Furla, Coach, Tory Burch. These are all good quality and classy. Therr are tons of new designers that offer modern bags, look on net-a-porter.
I also like Longchamp and Coccinelle but maybe they are only available in Europe.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:17 am
Thank you for all the helpful suggestions! Special ty to fox for a great crash course! Will look into the options posted....

keym

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:29 am
Newly Wed wrote:

Alright.
I want this one.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:31 am
Newly Wed wrote:

Can you post a link? I can't see pictures on my phone but I'd love to see what it looks like

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:36 am
Are bags bought on Nordstrom rack and off 5th outlet quality or original quality?

Fox

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:10 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Are bags bought on Nordstrom rack and off 5th outlet quality or original quality?

I've always been leery of handbags sold at any kind of outlet because so many designers make special, lower-quality lines that are shipped directly to outlets. People think they're getting a bargain when they're really just overpaying for a bag they could get at Target for $30.

If you find a bag you really like at an outlet, do an Internet search to see if it's part of a full-price line elsewhere. If not, don't be swayed by the idea you're getting a good deal. Buy it only because you really love it.

As an aside, I highly recommend inexpensive bags from Target, et. al., if you want a trendy bag for a season or two. They're fun and a cheap way to enjoy a fad or a popular color without committing serious money to the endeavor.

Another alternative I didn't mention is Etsy. There are tons of artisan-made leather handbags and often you can contact the seller to customize a bag for you. Pretty cool to have a bespoke handbag!

Fox

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:19 am
Also, can I just say what we're all obviously thinking?

The French Fries Crystal Clutch is clearly a bargain at $6K. I mean, where WOULDN'T you wear that? Grocery shopping, carpool, waiting for the bus, doctor visits, pizza shop luncheons, work . . .
talk about practical!

No need to worry about crossing 13th Avenue on a rainy day in a black coat -- cars would spot you from a mile away!

I think we have a winner! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

sallysaucer

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:39 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Can you post a link? I can't see pictures on my phone but I'd love to see what it looks like

Check out the Judith Leiber collection at Bloomingdales...

https://www.saksfifthavenue.co.....uture

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:54 am
I have to admit, I looked up some of the designer bags mentioned here, and, imo, most of them are...kinda ugly or a bit boring. Not all, I agree the Zac Posen ones are very nice looking. I've never liked the look of Coach bags, at least the ones that have the monogram imprinted all over.

The french fry bag some one posted .... LOL Reminds me of Betsey Johnson.
I know Betsey Johnson isn't a luxury designer. And I've never bought any of her bags, they are just too far out for me. But they are fun and whimsical.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:00 am
There weren’t too many links posted. Really just brand name suggestions...

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:07 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
There weren’t too many links posted. Really just brand name suggestions...

I looked up the brands and saw enough examples of their bags to know if I like them or not.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics