Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Tell me about your couch from Wayfair

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:14 pm
If you have ever bought a couch from wayfair, please tell me about it. How long have you had it? Do you like it? What kind of use does it get? Please share a link.

TIA

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 11:31 pm
Honey, you’re basically saying tell me about your toy from amazon.

Wayfair is a marketplace. Just like Amazon. It’s open (obv in a controlled way) for vendors to sell their wares through them.

There are hundreds of companies and vendors on wayfair with varying quality and pricing...
if you see a specific company you like you may be able to get more targeted responses.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:13 pm
I got a nice velvet one for $900 a few months ago. It’s in the dining room and only used Shabbos, for the most part. My kids are teens plus a 7 year old, and they all have strict orders not to eat on or near it. I have no clue how long it will hold up, but it’s very nice now! Want me to find the link?

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:49 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I got a nice velvet one for $900 a few months ago. It’s in the dining room and only used Shabbos, for the most part. My kids are teens plus a 7 year old, and they all have strict orders not to eat on or near it. I have no clue how long it will hold up, but it’s very nice now! Want me to find the link?

I would love the link - I am also in the market for a new couch

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 12:57 pm
I bought a recliner from them and was pretty much happy. My grandson put it together for me.

However next time (when Covid is over bec I'm over 60 & not going to stores!) I will only buy something I can try out in a physical store.

My couches, for example (although I did buy them as floor samples so you would think I would have tried them out ...) I need a gazillion pillows behind my back & kneews, and even so my back hurts after a short time. I don't hang out there much.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:53 pm
My daughter bought items from wayfair and was happy she bought a small couch and was happy sometimes in the mail they have a coupon

ysydmom

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:20 pm
I dont know much about the quality but keep in mind they charge a lot for return shipping.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:33 pm
I’m also looking to buy a couch these days. Browsed the entire wayfair and Overstocks.com. But didn’t purchase anything bec when it comes down to it, you only know quality and how comfortable it is by seeing it in person. Meanwhile, I browsed in a store today, and wasn’t blown away by anything. The most comfortable couch I saw was comfortable ‘enough’ (not amazingly comfortable) and is over $2000 for the 94 inch 3 seater. Maybe I would choose a vouched for wayfair (online from anywhere really) couch for about 1000 or less if I am not getting a couch that I love.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:46 pm
INSPIREME wrote:
I would love the link - I am also in the market for a new couch

It’s out of stock now but the have many similar ones. https://www.wayfair.com/furnit.....cal=2

Redbird

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:55 pm
I got this on sale for shipped for $205!

Its still holding up well after 4 years. The plastic "pad" fell off one leg I think.

https://www.wayfair.com/furnit......html

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 2:55 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
It’s out of stock now but the have many similar ones. https://www.wayfair.com/furnit.....cal=2

That’s pretty! How long do you own it? How well is it holding up?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 3:16 pm
I looked into this and was so worried about the couch being totally junk (happened to me before with wayfair products), not fitting through my door, being different than the picture, or something else wrong with it and then having to deal with an expensive, hassle return.

I ended up buying a very nice, modern faux leather couch at a non-jewish furniture store for about $1200. They came to my house and measured to make sure it would fit through the door. They delivered it within a week. I was able to test it out in store and see what it looked like obviously. It is much better quality that most things on wayfair. It is not worth the risk to make such a big purchase on wayfair in my opinion.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:18 pm
What store did you buy your couch from? I'm also looking for a couch. Thanks.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:43 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
What store did you buy your couch from? I'm also looking for a couch. Thanks.

I am from OOT Midwest... let me know if you wanna drive out here to buy a couch 😉

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 10:59 pm
That actually sounds like fun. Was it a chain store by any chance? Brand name couch?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 11:20 pm
No it was a local store and I don't know what the brand is.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 11:39 pm
Thanks.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:52 am
I bought 3 couches from wayfair because they were very reasonably priced and I have a narrow doorway. You see pictures of what you want, reviews, and all the specifications of the product that you don’t necessarily see if you bought somewhere else. I chose based on product material, good reviews of comfort, looks, and durability, my ideal couch size, doorway size. It’s been almost a year and I love my couches.

Edit: because I had said I recently bought 3 couches, and 1 year ago is not so recent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics