Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Vaccuum sucking up carpet

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 27 2020, 10:40 pm
I have very expensive plush carpet and I've noticed my vaccuum, a dyson, is full of tons of fluff after I vaccuum, which I'm assuming is carpet.
It's 2 years later and the carpet feels matted and I feel like I ruined it. Im devastated. Anyone else have this? Any advice?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 12:57 pm
Bump

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 28 2020, 3:36 pm
Carpets shed fibers the way people shed skin cells and hair; it's a fact of life. Even if you used only a manual carpet sweeper, you'd still get a lot of fluff with every pass. Some of it is carpet fibers but much of it is just plain household dust, including the millions of skin cells and clothing fibers you and your family shed all over the place. If you think your carpet attachment with beaters is wearing out your carpet too soon, try using the hard floor attachment, but it won't clean as well.

Deep pile carpets also inevitably mat where there's a lot of traffic. Lightly steam and then comb the worst spots with a wide-tooth comb to restore the nap.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry