Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Movie characters appear different at different times

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:02 am
There's a specific Tv series that I have watched a number if times. And every time I watch it (every few years) the characters, motives, themes appear different to me.

For example a certsin character appeared charming, now appears immature. Other characters who appeared immature or rash I now empathize with. This is one example. I've been in therapy last couple of years. Don't know if that's it or is it my age?

Rappel

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:07 am
You have changed and matured, for whatever reason. Mazal tov! Enjoy the observations - it's fun to be reintroduced to yourself. Smile

singleagain

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:09 am
Also a changing and society and times etc I constantly see episode like articles that say you know I just read one that said you know 10 things that wouldn't fly today from the premiere of friends and you know then they also have you know 15 things problematic about Lorelei and Luke's relationship on Gilmore girls It's not just you it's also a society thing

Apologies for formatting I did voice to textapologies for formatting I did voice to text

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:18 am
Rappel wrote:
You have changed and matured, for whatever reason. Mazal tov! Enjoy the observations - it's fun to be reintroduced to yourself. Smile

Exactly this. You grow and they (if rewatching them same old episodes) stay the same. I agree it’s fascinating. But I’ve also found that a character I related to (for example: Miranda from SATC) back when I watched it in the early 00’s (I was an ‘older single’) I still relate to. At her core I still feel her (a woman who values independence and has a hard time tapping into the part of her that wants to rely on someone for example)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 8:48 am
great responses! Now I definitely need to watch it again in a few years Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics