Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How long do I need to quarantine? NY

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 3:05 pm
if one of my family members tested positive and took the test on december 13. what day in the calendar am I done quarantining. BH no symptoms. thank you

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 4:12 pm
If you mean someone you live with and are always in contact with, then, when they are released from isolation (typically 10 days from positive test or symptom onset--whichever is earlier)....and then if you are completely asymptomatic, you'd add 10 days to that. So, if they were "in isolation" and contagious through Dec 23, and you're completely asymptomatic, then maybe around January 2? If you have symptoms, this is more complicated and you probably need to get tested, etc. and work with DOH.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 4:32 pm
meaning if I was in contact with the person who had covid throughout (all of) his/her necessary 10 days (he/she was allowed to only do 10 days) I still am done quarantining on jan 2? also is jan 2 allowed for me to not be in quarantine or jan 2 also needs to be done in quarantine?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 4:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
meaning if I was in contact with the person who had covid throughout (all of) his/her necessary 10 days (he/she was allowed to only do 10 days) I still am done quarantining on jan 2? also is jan 2 allowed for me to not be in quarantine or jan 2 also needs to be done in quarantine?

Yes this is accurate. Jan 2 you are no longer in quarantine and can go out as usual, assuming you are asymptomatic. Continue monitoring for symptoms. If you'd rather test and get out of quarantine sooner you can test now already and if it's negative you're finished.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 4:46 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Yes this is accurate. Jan 2 you are no longer in quarantine and can go out as usual, assuming you are asymptomatic. Continue monitoring for symptoms. If you'd rather test and get out of quarantine sooner you can test now already and if it's negative you're finished.

thank you- is rapid good enough for this?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 5:54 pm
My dr.’s office said you don’t have to quarantine if you already had covid and have antibodies. Some dr.’s are saying quarantine is necessary for 12 days if one never had covid. Some are saying 10 days. This is something to ask your doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics