Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
(Almost) Unsweetened Granola

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 5:30 pm
I got a new fun cookbook. The Golden Girls Cookbook which has recipes inspired by each of the girls from this classic television series. The recipes loosely are inspired by the different characters and each has their own section.

I had read about the book when someone recommended the Granola recipe and I thought why not. I will sometimes do breakfast of plain yogurt with fresh fruit and some granola - in restaurants they charge a lot for these "yogurt parfaits".

End result was very good and much healthier than the commercial ones which tend to have a lot of sweeteners.

ImmaBubby

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 8:27 pm
Thanks for posting this recipe! In always looking for low-sugar granola recipes!
My only question is about the sesame oil- somehow I don’t associate that with granola. Did you use it in your recipe and could you taste it?

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 8:28 pm
Yes. I used it and it imparts a very subtle nutty undertone if at all. Don’t forget that sesame seeds are often used in nutlike recipes although most people associate sesame oil with Asian dishes.

It’s a tiny amount but feel free to omit if you don’t like sesame at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads