Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Are Chosson Kallah furniture packages really good deals? Whi
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:37 pm
Are Chosson Kallah furniture packages really good deals?

Which are the best of the best of good deals in the NY or NJ area?

If you were furnishing an apartment for a Chassan Kallah where would you go, to get the best quality you can, on a medium budget?

TIA

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:52 pm
IKEA honestly. The stuff lasts for longer than you think it will, and after 7 or so years, they can replace whatever didn’t hold up well.

cuffs

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:02 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
IKEA honestly. The stuff lasts for longer than you think it will, and after 7 or so years, they can replace whatever didn’t hold up well.

Only if you're handy and don't mind spending a substantial amount of time building everything.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:13 pm
If you want quality, yes.

I’ve got an IKEA table and wayfair furniture and after a year they are literally falling apart.

OTOH I’ve gotten a beautiful Canadian dinette set 5 years ago and the set is in perfect condition. I posted on the other thread- I went to home furnishings.

mommy12

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:31 pm
We have Ikea furniture that's lasted us 10 years and it's still in excellent condition.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:37 pm
I didn't need all the pieces they would include in the chosson kallah packages, so it wasn't a deal for me. My apartment was small and I didn't want to stuff it with furniture. I found it better to buy the pieces used from the chosson/ kallahs who were moving on from their "Package" and I could cherry pick. What exactly does a new couple need? Better spend MORE on the items they'll need to last and be real quality, like mattresses, maybe bookshelves (even IKEA has good ones, but they add up too). Dinette/ chairs are all over craigs list/ facebook marketplace and can be easily scrubbed down. I got a new cheap sofa, so I didn't mind when my kids DESTROYED it a few years later. I'm now up to the "good couch" but my kids are much older.

Today, most people are into "minimalist" anyway, so buy the 3 pieces you really want, and wait on the rest. There are always people around looking to get rid of their "starter" furniture.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:38 pm
For those who want a notch or two over Ikea quality, with a selection thats slightly less modern looking, where should they buy?

daffys

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:31 pm
I recently ordered sidetable and chairs from Amazon and was very happy

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:36 pm
mommy12 wrote:
We have Ikea furniture that's lasted us 10 years and it's still in excellent condition.

I purchased a set of shelves from Ikea in late 1985, soon after they opened in the US. I still use, them, and they still look good.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:42 pm
daffys wrote:
I recently ordered sidetable and chairs from Amazon and was very happy

Can you share the links?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 7:43 am
our greatuncle purchsed bookshelves from ikea in 1982. after he wanted to discard them we had them for the past 12 years (he gave them to us and we thought we would use them only until we can afford nicer shelves.)
well to be honest they dont look brand new, but the quality is outstanding. b´´H they last and last and last...all the sforim are arranged beautifully and the shelves dont bend.
we bought a very cheap bunk bed 8 years ago. we purchased high quality not ikea9 mnatracces. 8 years later: the ikea bunk beds are literally like new!

I wonder why ikea is said to be bad quality, ikeas reputation is so bad. we only have the two mentioned ikea items but we are super happy with them.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 7:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For those who want a notch or two over Ikea quality, with a selection thats slightly less modern looking, where should they buy?

What price range are you looking for?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:23 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I wonder why ikea is said to be bad quality, ikeas reputation is so bad. we only have the two mentioned ikea items but we are super happy with them.
you had a lot of mazel because that hasn’t been true for me

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:25 am
Sterns furniture in BP.

s c

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:48 am
The thing about IKEA is to have it built by a professional who will use better quality screws etc and knows tricks to build it so that it is sturdy and lasts. Its worth the extra money. When your average Joe with no clue puts it up themselves it usually shows.

watergirl

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We have had pretty good mazel with Bob's Discount Furniture. Literally my entire house is furnished with this company. The quality is more than decent and the prices are excellent. They also have every style, from modern to classic.

rgr

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:22 am
Katz's furniture in Lakewood seems what you are looking for op

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:22 am
I’m on two whatsapp groups that are for second hand furniture, and the amount of people trying to sell their chosson kallah packages.. most of them purchased a dining room set for $15,000. Is that a normal range?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:31 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I’m on two whatsapp groups that are for second hand furniture, and the amount of people trying to sell their chosson kallah packages.. most of them purchased a dining room set for $15,000. Is that a normal range?

I thought it was more like 15k for dining room set and bedroom set combined.

Also keep in mind the young couple is not buying their furniture, both sets of parents are splitting the bill.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:57 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I thought it was more like 15k for dining room set and bedroom set combined.

Also keep in mind the young couple is not buying their furniture, both sets of parents are splitting the bill.

Thank you for clarifying. By us this is so different
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries