Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Jackson/Toms River neighborhoods

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:20 am
Hi,

We've been looking to buy a house, so far mainly in Lakewood but it's not so easy to find so we're trying to expand our search to include Jackson and Toms River. We don't really know many people there though and are very confused with which neighborhoods to look into. So far we looked into Hampshire Hills which seemed like a pretty good fit, but does not seem to have much on the market there now.

We are a regular, Frum family, my husband is working after learning in BMG for a while, wears a white shirt during the week. We are in the low to mid 30's age range. There are so many neighborhoods and new ones that keep popping up, we don't know what differentiates one from the other. We are interested in a neighborhood that has regular minyanim and are looking to live within a few minute walk to a minyan.

We are also looking for a house that is not very small, we would like at least 4 or 5 bedrooms. Typically we have been interested in houses in the 2500-3000 sq ft range (not including the basement).

If anyone could help us with any recommendations on neighborhoods we should look into we would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 3:44 pm
East veterans Hwy area is very nice (Pitney, Danielle, Stacey, Mellisa lee, Whitelake, etc.). Generally big houses, nice crowd. There are a few different sub neighborhoods in the area. The only thing is that there are not tons of minyanim times. Each area has a shul but it's generally one davening time per tefilla. If you have teen boys (or adults) who need to walk to get to shul, this might not work to you. Let me know if you have any more questions!

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 4:15 pm
Oakley hill, white road area

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 4:26 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
East veterans Hwy area is very nice (Pitney, Danielle, Stacey, Mellisa lee, Whitelake, etc.). Generally big houses, nice crowd. There are a few different sub neighborhoods in the area. The only thing is that there are not tons of minyanim times. Each area has a shul but it's generally one davening time per tefilla. If you have teen boys (or adults) who need to walk to get to shul, this might not work to you. Let me know if you have any more questions!

I’m not sure if the Stacy or Piteny area is for you (perhaps Danielle) but definitely sounds like the Flair area might be a good match for you. It’s the area down brewers bridge.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 6:24 pm
Walden woods in toms river, sounds like a good fit

amother
Black

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 6:50 pm
Grande woodlands in toms river. Lots of ppl that crowd but also a bit of a mix.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:12 pm
Thank you for the recommendations, I really appreciate it!

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:23 pm
Highly reccomend Raizy Glatzer for real estate agent. She knows all the areas and not pushy at all

(732) 963-5537

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:26 pm
Hampshire hills crowd is a little younger. More mod to upper 20 and very competitive overpriced market there right now unfortunately with very little inventory.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 6:55 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Highly reccomend Raizy Glatzer for real estate agent. She knows all the areas and not pushy at all

(732) 963-5537

I second Raizy!
Shes awesome and will be able to help you find the right area.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 7:00 pm
We bought in Jackson recently. We used Yossi Segal as our agent. He showed us many houses with patience and really understanding our needs/wants. He gets to know his clients well and got us a great house bh. His number is 732.587.8181

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 8:31 pm
Sorry if I’m hijacking thread, but we were also originally only looking in Lakewood but now considering Jackson. I feel like many people in Jackson never really set their sights on Lakewood for whatever reasons. Can anyone in a similar position to OP who first wanted Lakewood and then decided to go with Jackson chime in? Were you happy with that decision?

SmartMommy

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 5:33 pm
We looked in Lakewood first and ended up in Jackson because it was cheaper.
We were looking for a starter home, living in a basement rental until we moved to Jackson.
We're in a nice yeshivish area and feel like we're part of the Lakewood community for all intents and purposes, but we still have more privacy, less pressure, lower cost of living...
We're so happy we took the plunge.

2mamma2

Post Sat, May 22 2021, 10:17 pm
SmartMommy wrote:
We looked in Lakewood first and ended up in Jackson because it was cheaper.
We were looking for a starter home, living in a basement rental until we moved to Jackson.
We're in a nice yeshivish area and feel like we're part of the Lakewood community for all intents and purposes, but we still have more privacy, less pressure, lower cost of living...
We're so happy we took the plunge.

Which area is this? Looking for something like this too. In a basement now and would lvoe to move into a starter home

amother
Peach

Post Sat, May 22 2021, 10:24 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Sorry if I’m hijacking thread, but we were also originally only looking in Lakewood but now considering Jackson. I feel like many people in Jackson never really set their sights on Lakewood for whatever reasons. Can anyone in a similar position to OP who first wanted Lakewood and then decided to go with Jackson chime in? Were you happy with that decision?

Lakewood neighborhoods are also all different... what areas in Lakewood have you been considering?

naturalmom5

Post Sat, May 22 2021, 11:00 pm
I dont know about price

But this afternoon while walking , I saw an attached house on 3/ forest with a for sale sign

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, May 22 2021, 11:07 pm
they are building large house developemnet on chestnut near New Hampshire with a shul

amother
Peach

Post Sat, May 22 2021, 11:39 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
they are building large house developemnet on chestnut near New Hampshire with a shul

Any idea what type of ppl are buying there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries