Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Question about antibodies
Previous  1  2

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:58 pm
leilatov1 wrote:
Antibodies only protect for 5 months and do not stop transmission so you would still pass on to others even if you are not infected. Testing positive for antibodies more than 5 months after infection does not give protection against Covid

I was sick in March 2020 and as of 3 weeks ago I still have antibodies. Im an RN at a large hospital in New York. Per hospital policy, any patient with Covid IGG antibiodies (we test every patient on admission) is considered unable to transmit disease (even if their PCR tests positive.

FYI, after one has been vaccinated for various illnesses, the way assure immunity is by testing their titer, ie the amount of antibodies to the specific illness. On a bloodiest, I belive that Covid anyibodies formed through illness and those induced by vaccine would look alike.

Everyone is encouraged to vaccinate because of the assumption that antibodies to Covid will wear off over time. Mine havent yet and neither have the rest of my family's

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where are you getting this information from? I know someone first hand who was sick before pesach and still has extremely high antibodies.

Also, I'm not being selfish, because I really am not exposing anyone. I am home all day. Just would like to know for myself because doctors are pushing for me to get the vaccine because I'm pregnant. If I have antibodies I wouldn't need it.

Also not sure where you got that info from either, never heard it before.

I thought they dont recommend it for pregnant woman.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:44 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:

That changed because pregnant women are high risk chas v'sholem for complications from coronavirus.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:57 pm
southernbubby wrote:
That changed because pregnant women are high risk chas v'sholem for complications from coronavirus.

But its funny cuz they recommend u to Take bc for 3-4 weeks after taking the vaccine. Whatever I had the virus and im newly pregnant bh.. I hope ill stay clear of both the virus and vaccine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 2:46 am

In Israel every single doctor and rav I heard from highly recommends pregnant women take it because there are many hospitalized critically ill pregnant women due to the British variant.

I feel like I live on a different planet.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:15 am
But its funny cuz they recommend u to Take bc for 3-4 weeks after taking the vaccine..

That's the first I heard about that.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:19 am
Israel just released results of a study showing that "reinfections are extremely rare" and "less severe" if reinfected
and that antibodies last at least 7 months!
B"H some good news!

this kind of large enough study done by Israel with facts rather than more narrative I do trust
and find quite encouraging!

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:41 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Israel just released results of a study showing that "reinfections are extremely rare" and "less severe" if reinfected
and that antibodies last at least 7 months!
B"H some good news!

this kind of large enough study done by Israel with facts rather than more narrative I do trust
and find quite encouraging!

I still have antibodies. I had the virus back in march.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:56 am
Thanks for your input!
Wishing all health and happiness!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 7:58 am
But its funny cuz they recommend u to Take bc for 3-4 weeks after taking the vaccine. Whatever I had the virus and im newly pregnant bh.. I hope ill stay clear of both the virus and vaccine.

I'm pretty sure its not an official thing but many doctors are recommending it because we don't know enough..in general after vaccines and many other medications which have not been tested in pregnancy they recommend waiting to get pregnant .

as anything it's a risk vs benefit analysis.

originally many said not to get the vaccine while pregnant because it hadn't been tested in pregnant women and most pregnant women were not really at high risk of covid complications

then there was a wave of pregnant women getting very sick from the virus and they changed their recommendations .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics