Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Applying to bp preschools

autism mom

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:21 pm
Interesting question
I come from a chassidish background and live in bp. Consider myself chassidish Reg typical bp family. But more plain and simple no luxuries, American type. I bh have two great daughters my older one being special needs,
It has come the time to apply to schools for my younger dd who is 4 now. She is only english speaking witch is odd for a chassidish bp family but that's what she picked up from my older daughters therapists/respite workers etc. Being it's her only sibling. Witch school is in bp that's english speaking and would be ok with my background and would be very warm and accepting. They should also be ok with the child receiving some therapy in school like needing a seit etc. Any ideas? Someone told me to try by of bensonhurst since is near where I live but will it be to yeshivish?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:22 pm
Gan Yisroel or BYBP

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:23 pm
Gan Yisroel?

autism mom

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:23 pm
I thought gan yisroel was yiddish speaking

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:24 pm
autism mom wrote:
I thought gan yisroel was yiddish speaking

I think they have yiddish and English speaking classes.

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:26 pm
Gan Yisroel changed their mindset and policy and no longer allows therapists onsite.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:35 pm
cnc wrote:
Gan Yisroel changed their mindset and policy and no longer allows therapists onsite.

Are you sure? I subbed for a child's shadow there 2.5 years ago for a few weeks, and there were so many therapists and SEITs there all the time.

autism mom

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:36 pm
Even preschool? No therapists in the classroom or more therapists in the building at all

autism mom

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:37 pm
Sorry *no more

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:39 pm
Nesivos, Bais Brocho, Vien are all English speaking Chassidish schools

Also you can send to Yeled Viyalda for Nursery/kindergarten. They have lots of onsite services and then send for Pre 1 A to another school. But you probably have to work out an arrangement with the school you would send to. Don't know.

Also, if you do send her to a more Yiddish speaking school she will probably pick it up quickly. I sent my 4 year old to a yiddish speaking to day camp from an English speaking home. She did pretty ok and picked up a lot.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:44 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Nesivos, Bais Brocho, Vien are all English speaking Chassidish schools

Also you can send to Yeled Viyalda for Nursery/kindergarten. They have lots of onsite services and then send for Pre 1 A to another school. But you probably have to work out an arrangement with the school you would send to. Don't know.

Also, if you do send her to a more Yiddish speaking school she will probably pick it up quickly. I sent my 4 year old to a yiddish speaking to day camp from an English speaking home. She did pretty ok and picked up a lot.

Bais Brocha is English speaking?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:47 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Bais Brocha is English speaking?

It's a Stoliner school. Stoliner familes don't speak English at home. They teitch in yiddish and yiddish teachers speak (or try to consistently speak) in yiddish.

I'm assuming this is true too for Nesivos and Vien. Maybe Vien is more Yiddish speaking.

Don't take my word for it. Ask others.

autism mom

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:48 pm
What's the status with munkatch preschool today's days?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:00 pm
I'm just curious- if she's 4 now, does that mean she's starting next year straight into Pre 1A? My daughter is 4 now and she's in BJBP Kindergarten.
Try applying to 3 schools and see where you get in and what type of impressions you get at the interviews.
Where do your relatives send to?
Would Gur be an option?

autism mom

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:06 pm
Just turned 4. She is a deadline student. I would put her into kindergarten.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:17 pm
autism mom wrote:
Just turned 4. She is a deadline student. I would put her into kindergarten.

Oh, OK. Was she home until now?
Regarding Munkatch, my friend sends there and is happy, but she's worried about the future, as her kids classes keep shrinking. She just applied to Bnos Chaya as a backup, if her daughter's classes shrink again for next year then she'll take them out as well.

Motherhood

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:36 pm
I would say Nesivos or Vien. Mostly English speaking girls

mommy100

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:39 pm
My daughter is currently in munkatch preschool and they are mainly Yiddish speaking there. Classes do shrink since a lot of ppl just use it for headstart classes.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 10:49 pm
My daughter is in Bnos Chaya and she has some friends from similar families. In preschool some kids had to pick up on the Yiddish but by now they're all comfortable in the language.

I'm seconding BYBP, Bais Brocha, Gan Yisroel. BY is the only one that's officially English speaking but the other schools will have plenty of kids picking up yiddish as a second language
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics