Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Instant Pot/Slow Cooker question

corolla

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:59 am
For those of you who have Instant Pots:

I want to make chili, but need it to cook for at least 8 hours because I'll be out of the house. Can I do that in an IP? I don't have a slow cooker. What are the correct settings?

flowers3

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:06 am
All you need to do is press pressure cooker and put the amount of time that you want it to cook for and then it will just stay warm till you get home, that's what I do

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:09 am
corolla wrote:
For those of you who have Instant Pots:

I want to make chili, but need it to cook for at least 8 hours because I'll be out of the house. Can I do that in an IP? I don't have a slow cooker. What are the correct settings?

There is a slow cooker setting on the IP. I've never used it, and I hear its not great, but it should work.

In the alternative, you can cook it on the pressure feature. It will move to "keep warm" afterwards. I believe that's a 10 hour setting, and its always kept food hot enough to be safe for us. I use it for soup on Friday night all the time (hint, if you press the - button for several seconds, it goes to SOUND OFF. Then there is no sound, and no change in electronic settings, when you open the lid.)

If you're using dried beans, make sure you cook at pressure at least 50 minutes. That's what I find it takes most beans to cook thoroughly.

corolla

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:10 am
SixOfWands wrote:
There is a slow cooker setting on the IP. I've never used it, and I hear its not great, but it should work.

In the alternative, you can cook it on the pressure feature. It will move to "keep warm" afterwards. I believe that's a 10 hour setting, and its always kept food hot enough to be safe for us. I use it for soup on Friday night all the time (hint, if you press the - button for several seconds, it goes to SOUND OFF. Then there is no sound, and no change in electronic settings, when you open the lid.)

If you're using dried beans, make sure you cook at pressure at least 50 minutes. That's what I find it takes most beans to cook thoroughly.

I always thought it wasn't safe to keep food on the "keep warm" setting. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics