Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kosher date boxes
1  2  Next

Are you interested in a date box?
Not at the moment  
 53%  [ 28 ]
Yes, I'll be ordering one asap  
 19%  [ 10 ]
Undecided  
 26%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 52

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:53 pm
Hi! I'm amother from the sponsored post.
I can't post anonymously over there, so if you have any questions, I can answer them here.
Please continue to post your ideas in the other thread in order to be part of the raffle.
I really like a lot of the ideas you all gave! Some of them are actually planned already (including hot cocoa bombs, soap making, puzzles, origami and more! I can't tell you which box or which month will have these items!) Other activities are things I wasn't sure people would like, so it's good to know that at least some people would! And lots of suggestions were great ideas that I didn't think of at all, so thank you!
Keep in mind that I don't have hashgacha, so I can't repackage any food.
Also, remember that it's not only the food that has to be kosher, but the activities have to be appropriate, tznius, etc. This makes it difficult to use some of the ideas I have seen in other date boxes. (although I have checked out those boxes in order to make sure my boxes are worth the cost, and I definitely think they are.)
Thank you again for your ideas! Remember that the raffle will be in a month, so the prize will be a March box. So, don't hesitate to order a February box now, and still hope to win!

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:04 pm
Thanks for starting this thread! I'm really excited about this, as DH and I find it complicated to plan dates and "us time".

Question, what exactly is the Shalom Bayis box? Also is it possible to subscribe to get alternating boxes every month ie to get the craft box one month and the game box the next month?

Hatzlacha with this and thank you for providing a way of giving couples some time to reconnect!

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:08 pm
Love the idea its just bit too me expensive

Just One

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:10 pm
What a great idea! I'd love to see pictures of a sample box to get the feel of what this is

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:27 pm
out-of-towner wrote:

Question, what exactly is the Shalom Bayis box? Also is it possible to subscribe to get alternating boxes every month ie to get the craft box one month and the game box the next month?...

The shalom bayis box is sort of an "anything" box. It can have games, art, and other activities. It has the same number of activities as the other boxes, you just don't have to pick which type of activity you like best.
For subscriptions, you need to subscribe to one kind of box, but you can contact me to arrange for it to be different types of boxes each month, if you would like.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:29 pm
Just One wrote:
What a great idea! I'd love to see pictures of a sample box to get the feel of what this is

There are some pictures on the website, but I know it's not so easy to see what's in it. I've been working hard to make sure the boxes are amazing and I need to put more work into the website Smile.
I'll try to get a better picture of a sample, or at least a list of what was included in a box, and share it here.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There are some pictures on the website, but I know it's not so easy to see what's in it. I've been working hard to make sure the boxes are amazing and I need to put ownership more work into the website Smile.
I'll try to get a better picture of a sample, or at least a list of what was included in a box, and share it here.

Firstly, I wish you a LOT of hatzlacha. This is a great idea.

With all due respect, I looked at the website. It looks like a great idea for a kids in quarantine box, but not something for a married couple. A bag of corn chips is something I can spend 35 cents on and not what I want to eat on a date with my husband.

When I think of a date, I think of couple time, maybe a bit of romance. I know thats hard to put together with the heimish crowd in mind. But a puzzle and corn chips is really a thing for a child.

Bath bombs, candle making, even a recipe for a romantic dinner and the dry ingredients would be good with a more grown up game. Those things all have romantic couple time implications but not saying it right out.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Firstly, I wish you a LOT of hatzlacha. This is a great idea.

With all due respect, I looked at the website. It looks like a great idea for...

I hear what you're saying!
My boxes include a range of activities, from puzzles to painting to soap-making. I know that the the kinds of activities are fun for many adults, even if they're not "romantic". Smile Of course, everyone has a different idea of what they want to do on a date!
I would love to add more types of boxes in the future, and maybe one of those would include only more sophisticated activities.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:56 pm
I can’t find the pictures where are they on the website? Never mind I found them, I couldn't see it on my phone

enneamom

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:58 pm
Why don't you do different boxes? Like one for married couples date night, one for shidduch dating, one for families, one for girls night? That way everyone gets what they want. I don't think it would be so easy to put together boxes that satisfy all the above scenarios.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:52 pm
The boxes are really cute, but also kind of expensive. I'd do this for an anniversary maybe. OP, is it possible to order only one?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:09 pm
I thought this was a thread about dried fruit! Surprised

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:20 pm
I've actually been looking for something like this. I looked at non jewish ones many times but felt they were too risky because of non kosher ingredients and appropriateness. I agree with what someone said about the food, if it had something like chocolate, cool adult type candies, packaged baked goods etc... it would be more tempting. Also the ideas are good but I also feel some are geared more towards teens. You can make a teen box as an option. I would also love unique things that I can't easily get. Like I own too many board games, and I do 1,000 piece puzzles ( so a 300 one is really not tempting ). I would love unique puzzles and word games, escape rooms etc...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:28 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
The boxes are really cute, but also kind of expensive. I'd do this for an anniversary maybe. OP, is it possible to order only one?

It's possible to order one box, or to subscribe for three months. (There's a tiny discount for subscribing. I couldn't make it bigger without losing money on boxes.)
Do you mean to order only one activity? That option isn't currently available. I would like to offer a smaller box with fewer activities, but with shipping costing me what it does, I don't think it would be worth what I would have to charge at the moment.

enneamom

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's possible to order one box, or to subscribe for three months. (There's a tiny discount for subscribing. I couldn't make it bigger without losing money on boxes.)
Do you mean to order only one activity? That option isn't currently available. I would like to offer a smaller box with fewer activities, but with shipping costing me what it does, I don't think it would be worth what I would have to charge at the moment.

Personally for something like this, I would go with quality rather than cheap. If they want cheap they can go to the Amazing Savings craft aisle. They're paying you for a curation service, and presentation matters, so you need it to be worth your while to invest effort, thought, and good materials into.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:39 pm
enneamom wrote:
Personally for something like this, I would go with quality rather than cheap. If they want cheap they can go to the Amazing Savings craft aisle. They're paying you for a curation service, and presentation matters, so you need it to be worth your while to invest effort, thought, and good materials into.

I agree with you. Did I say something that implied that my materials or supplies were bad quality/cheap?

enneamom

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree with you. Did I say something that implied that my materials or supplies were bad quality/cheap?

No not at all! Someone mentioned the price, that's all, and my opinion was that you shouldn't worry about that as much as other things...just my opinion. I don't mean to say that any of your materials are cheap, at all.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:52 pm
Okay, I came up with two sample boxes. These are activities that are either in this month's boxes or in future boxes:
Box A:
1. Hot cocoa bombs (silicone semi-sphere mold, 2 chocolate bars or 1 bag real chocolate chips, 2 packets hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, instructions)
2. Two player perpetual commotion
3. Diamond painting (2 sets of all the materials, with different but coordinating pictures)
4. 2 dried fruit bars (this is an example: https://www.kindsnacks.com/who.....w_wcB)

Box B:
1. Painting (4 5x7 canvases, 4 assorted brushes, 4 colors of 2oz acrylic paint (the number needed for the painting), tape, instructions)
2. Soap making (6-section flower-shaped molds, soap scent, shea butter melt-and-pour soap base, instructions)
3. Dry erase games (20 dry erase cards, 2 dry erase boards, 2 dry erase markers, eraser, instructions for a few games that are meant to be played with these items)
4. Gourmet popcorn

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:54 pm
enneamom wrote:
No not at all! Someone mentioned the price, that's all, and my opinion was that you shouldn't worry about that as much as other things...just my opinion. I don't mean to say that any of your materials are cheap, at all.

Okay, great! My opinion is exactly as you said: I want to give good quality.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:25 pm
I would not recommend giving a 33 cent monthly discount for a repeated order. I think that a lot of people will find $40 a month more than they're looking to spend, but if shipping and contents are costing you so much that that's what you have to charge, marking it down by so little just seems odd and isn't going to get you any long-term takers. If it's worth your while, perhaps you could offer $29.99 for a 1-year commitment.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics