Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid Vaccine - where is it available NOW?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:21 pm
I'm eligible for the vaccine. I called the state and the next appointment is in APRIL! They looked through vaccine sites around the state and there were none sooner. Does anyone know anywhere where I could get it now? Anywhere in NYS?

Sighing at the lack of availability for those who are deemed eligible - wondering how many years until everyone else can get it too Sad

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 1:23 pm
I had that when I was looking for my parents. There was nothing available till June. But I heard the trick is to look at midnight.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 2:05 pm
At one point, new slots were released at 12:00 am and 8:00 am, so slots could be found after midnight, but I haven’t seen any of those since they began canceling appointments due to the vaccine shortage.

I do, however, know of more than one person who was offered and/or obtained the Pfizer vaccine last week at Maimonides Medical Center - just by being there. (Apparently they/had have some kind of standby program.)

Key is to get onto as many waiting lists as possible, and/or to just show up (often near the end of the day) because there may be extra vaccine available.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 3:02 pm
Keep trying. I think some of the problem is states didn’t know what their supply would be for the next week so it was difficult to set up a schedule.

They also have to keep enough for the second dose. If you will recall, there was no stockpile as the Trumo administration had claimed which created immediate scheduling issues becaise they needed whatever was on hand to be saved for second doses.

I am in California and sent my neighbor various contact information and she called. Was on hold for 45 minutes but got an appointment for next Saturday. I was jabbed 20th and K/H they seem to be organized as I got an email saying I would received notice of my appointment for the second jab shortly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics