Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid does not spread in water parks
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:02 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I was at a CVS pharmacy recently. My DD and I were wearing masks. Several people (not Jewish in appearance) walked in after us, none wearing masks. One looked at us and actually said "oops" and put her elbow over her mouth.

I was walking outside my Brooklyn! Neighborhood on succos wearing my mask (properly. My glasses fogged up and I could barely see) and the three not Jewish (in appearance) coming in the opposite direction were unmasked. The one nearest me covered his mouth with his sweatshirt as he passed me

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:11 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
It also doesn't spread in planes. Any and all of the restrictions airlines were using a few months ago such as leaving the middle seat open are no longer necessary. Their business is essential and they sell every seat. They also don't make any effort to seat families together and instead allow random people to sit with each other all over the plane.

Of course once you come off the plane a bunch of uniformed national guardsmen are there asking questions about where you've been and want you to fill out a form. Never mind I was just packed into a sardine can with 250 others few a couple hours because the airline wants to sell every last seat.

I don’t know when you flew last, but we flew on Tuesday and again yesterday. Our Tuesday flight was not packed, and there were plenty of open seats. Our family was seated across one full row. When we flew yesterday, there were plenty of empty seats in the back, but the rows 25 and below were mostly full. My husband was in an exit row, and we had 5 seats a few rows back. I asked the person in the 6th seat if he would want to move (the flight attendant said she’s not allowed to ask, but we could) and he moved no problem. We had to wear our masks the whole time in the airports and on both planes, except when we were eating.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:35 pm
It is a disgrace that water parks are open. Their is no safe way to do it. It is not at all comparable to swimming pools which (1) are needed for health and (2) people are swimming in their own lap lanes and not near others.
That being said everyone who is packing into a line in a park probably either has had it previously or will have covid by the time they are done so it’s probably true that masks are not needed but they should put a sign up saying “stay away, I am a germ carrier “ or something similar 🤣 or isolate from the rest of people who don’t want to get sick. Same as those who insist on making big weddings or productions. You want to do it fine, everyone at these events is assuming the risk of catching it but you need to be fair to everyone at your school/ shul/ grocery, and stay far away.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:38 pm
Covid doesn’t exist in Costco. Bumping into each other throughout the very packed store is fine. But waiting on line must be 6 ft apart.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:44 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Covid doesn’t exist in Costco. Bumping into each other throughout the very packed store is fine. But waiting on line must be 6 ft apart.

You're supposed to take care to ensure that you're more than 6 feet from others except for the couple of seconds it might take to pass them. I've never had any issues with this in BJ's (where I shop; not a Costco fan).

Would you prefer that supermarkets close?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:54 pm
I heard on the radio today that Mayor Deblasio will be reopening indoor dining but they won’t allow the TVs to be on .watching too much TV causes Covid.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:57 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I heard on the radio today that Mayor Deblasio will be reopening indoor dining but they won’t allow the TVs to be on .watching too much TV causes Covid.

You're probably not aware that the super bowl is next week and it's common for huge groups to spend the night at a restaurant watching the game. I'm sure this is something they want to prevent. Can't stop people who are foolish enough to make parties at home.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:01 pm
A water park is safer than being in any closed office environment or in the supermarket. You are outdoors and hopefully the parks restricted the amount of people.
I believe in social distancing, I wear a mask and haven't seen my friends for the past year.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
A water park is safer than being in any closed office environment or in the supermarket. You are outdoors and hopefully the parks restricted the amount of people.
I believe in social distancing, I wear a mask and haven't seen my friends for the past year.

Indoor water park

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:05 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
You're probably not aware that the super bowl is next week and it's common for huge groups to spend the night at a restaurant watching the game. I'm sure this is something they want to prevent. Can't stop people who are foolish enough to make parties at home.

So then no tv on Super Bowl Sunday. What’s the excuse for every other day?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:10 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I assume a smaller version of the same. People gather in large groups to watch games.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:22 pm
Isnt there no superbowl this year?

Bubby6

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:30 pm
In Montreal Covid only comes out at night.
Their lockdown starts at 8pm

youngishbear

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:31 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I would guess the idea is to minimize the amount of time people spend hanging out in groups without masks on. As they would do while "eating" in such an establishment while the TV provided never-ending entertainment.

Ideally the public could have been counted on to make wise decisions on there own without government intervention. As that is unfortunately not a realistic option, the next best thing would have been a uniform and coherent legislative approach. As it is, we are left with a weird patchwork of rules and recommendations that leaves enough loopholes to be exploited by people who don't care about infection. And of course, that allows people who find the whole thing ludicrous to laugh at the inconsistencies in the law.

I'm glad people are getting to smile and laugh at something. They say it's healthy!

The cynicism... not so much.

I would like to challenge whoever finds these rules stupid or nonsensical to spend 30 seconds trying to think what could possibly have been the reason behind them before jumping to the immediate conclusion that it must be motivated by evil stupidity or idiotic viciousness. You might not agree with the rules, and I can't say I agree with it all, but they're usually not about making your life more difficult or providing entertainment.

GLUE

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:48 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I would guess the idea is to minimize the amount of time people spend hanging out in groups without masks on. As they would do while "eating" in such an establishment while the TV provided never-ending entertainment.

Ideally the public could have been counted on to make wise decisions on there own without government intervention. As that is unfortunately not a realistic option, the next best thing would have been a uniform and coherent legislative approach. As it is, we are left with a weird patchwork of rules and recommendations that leaves enough loopholes to be exploited by people who don't care about infection. And of course, that allows people who find the whole thing ludicrous to laugh at the inconsistencies in the law.

I'm glad people are getting to smile and laugh at something. They say it's healthy!

The cynicism... not so much.

I would like to challenge whoever finds these rules stupid or nonsensical to spend 30 seconds trying to think what could possibly have been the reason behind them before jumping to the immediate conclusion that it must be motivated by evil stupidity or idiotic viciousness. You might not agree with the rules, and I can't say I agree with it all, but they're usually not about making your life more difficult or providing entertainment.

The idea that people can not be trusted to make good choices is a few hundred if not a few 1,000 year old idea. It is an idea that the "Ealets"* of society who Know better then the "unwashed masses" should tell the "unwashed masses" on how to live their lives. You can not make rules that people can not live with, The "Ealets"* can not brake the rules and expect the "unwashed" to follow them.

If the "Ealets"* let the "unwashed" make the rules and make rules that people can live with and also expect the "Ealets"* to follow to the letter you will be presently surprised.

*I do not know how to spell that word and my spell check did not pick it up.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:56 pm
Do you mean elites?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Isnt there no superbowl this year?

There's a Super Bowl, next Sunday. And there's basketball, hockey, even soccer, on TV every night.

The comment that the no TV rule is meant to avoid sports bars, where people spend long periods drinking (and eating, if required) while watching the game is probably on point.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:02 pm
GLUE wrote:
The idea that people can not be trusted to make good choices is a few hundred if not a few 1,000 year old idea. It is an idea that the "Ealets"* of society who Know better then the "unwashed masses" should tell the "unwashed masses" on how to live their lives. You can not make rules that people can not live with, The "Ealets"* can not brake the rules and expect the "unwashed" to follow them.

If the "Ealets"* let the "unwashed" make the rules and make rules that people can live with and also expect the "Ealets"* to follow to the letter you will be presently surprised.

*I do not know how to spell that word and my spell check did not pick it up.

What's an Ealet? a small eel?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
What's an Ealet? a small eel?

Elite.

Perhaps she's not a native English speaker.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics