Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Changing a Nature
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 8:48 am
Zehava wrote:
You change your own “nature” of slapping a label on your child and learn to see him and appreciate him just the way he is

Chill. Instead of nagging and reminding each and every step of his daily routine I was asking if there's something else I can do. Not for my sake but not to sound so over dc..trying to follow the 80/20 rule.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 8:54 am
bigsis144 wrote:
Please, get off of your kid’s back! I’m getting so defensive seeing how much you want to control every aspect of his behavior.

Teaching and raising a kid doesn’t mean that they will do everything “right” just because they’ve done it before or because you “taught them already”.

Even if Brachos or cleaning up after yourself is important, don’t do it at the expense of being overbearing. Your job isn’t “taskmaster” who makes sure he checks off all the boxes of things he “has to do”.

Do your children not do anything at that age? I don't see where control comes into the picture here, it was raising concern. This doesn't seem too ok with me and I just learned it may be ADD. Not that I was looking for a label, but at least it's a start to know how to deal with it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics