Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Overnight Behavior Regression Mycoplasma??
Previous  1  2

flyakite

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 9:44 pm
Wondering if OP has made any further progress with this?
I'm dealing with 6 year old with Mycoplasma. Currently treating with zithromax. He's having a hard time sitting still in class and I don't know how to address his behavior at this point.
Any ideas - behavioral, holistic or otherwise?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 9:52 pm
flyakite wrote:
Wondering if OP has made any further progress with this?
I'm dealing with 6 year old with Mycoplasma. Currently treating with zithromax. He's having a hard time sitting still in class and I don't know how to address his behavior at this point.
Any ideas - behavioral, holistic or otherwise?
Are you doing anything for inflammation?

flyakite

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:07 pm
Not medically, but I'm giving a cherry supplement which is supposed to be anti-inflammatory.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:26 pm
Zithromax alone will not kill this infection. There is a special antibiotic that kills this specific bacteria. I wish I would remember which one it was! Please ask the doctor to make some inquiries as to the proper way to treat it.

flyakite

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:27 pm
Do you mean doxycycline?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 10:29 pm
flyakite wrote:
Not medically, but I'm giving a cherry supplement which is supposed to be anti-inflammatory.
You can try Motrin and Benadryl, preferably dye free. It makes a big difference for most kids. Another intervention we found very calming was epsom salt and magnesium flakes footsoaks.

flyakite

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 12:20 am
How long would I be giving the motrin and benadryl for ? And why the benadryl?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 12:56 am
Sounds like PANS. Pediatricians unfortunately do not know enough about these conditions. This is the first 58 pages from a book on the topic. https://epidemicanswers.org/wp.....s.pdf

flyakite

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 1:04 am
Thank you so much for the lead; I just ordered it off Amazon and hope it will be helpful!

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 1:14 am
My son also has mycoplasma. He is on Zithromax, which did help tremendously B"H but he has times when his difficult part will show up. I'm also taking him to a natural Dr /chiropractor who gave him diff herbs and supplements to take.
I'm very curious to know what this medicine is that's specifically for pans. If anyone knows and can share I'd greatly appreciate it.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:19 pm
flyakite wrote:
How long would I be giving the motrin and benadryl for ? And why the benadryl?
Reg dose for his weight around the clock. I believe Benadryl is once a day, Motrin every 6 hours? Motrin is an anti inflammatory and helps take down the inflammation associated with pans behaviors. Benadryl is an anti histamine, and histamine is involved in the inflammatory immune response that causes pans behaviors. You would give for as long as you need.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
My son also has mycoplasma. He is on Zithromax, which did help tremendously B"H but he has times when his difficult part will show up. I'm also taking him to a natural Dr /chiropractor who gave him diff herbs and supplements to take.
I'm very curious to know what this medicine is that's specifically for pans. If anyone knows and can share I'd greatly appreciate it.
where did you hear about a medicine specifically for pans?

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:47 pm
My daughter had Lyme and Mycoplasma. Dr Statfield in Williamsburg specializes in treating it but he charges a few hundred bucks.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:23 pm
anyone dealt with a rash from mycoplasma? My son has been getting rash on and off for the last few weeks that looks like an allergic reaction. No other symptoms. My pediatrician suspects mycoplasma bacteria as the culprit and recommends zithromax. Anyone have experience with this?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:31 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
anyone dealt with a rash from mycoplasma? My son has been getting rash on and off for the last few weeks that looks like an allergic reaction. No other symptoms. My pediatrician suspects mycoplasma bacteria as the culprit and recommends zithromax. Anyone have experience with this?
Why is he suspecting mycoplasma? Did you run bloodwork?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:32 pm
Not yet. Just discussed with him today. Not sure myself as I've never heard of this before. Will only know after bloodwork, just curious if anyone else has experienced this rash as a significant symptom

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:34 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Not yet. Just discussed with him today. Not sure myself as I've never heard of this before. Will only know after bloodwork, just curious if anyone else has experienced this rash as a significant symptom
Its a common symptom of mycoplasma but can also be caused by so many other infections.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:35 pm
ty. Is the rash like hives?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:41 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
ty. Is the rash like hives?
Idk
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics