Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Sloan Kettering visitors

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 11:40 am
My dh is scheduled for in patient surgery at Sloan Kettering.
Do you know what their policy is? We haven’t gotten a straight answer. I know when I bring him I can stay until they take him to prep and have to leave.
Do they let you come in for recovery?
Visit daily?
Could I stay Shabbos?
Whenever we ask the scheduling staff they don’t know. I’m not sure to find out.

jflower

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 12:11 pm
I don't have an answer for you but wanted to wish your husband a refuah shelaima. You'll probably get more answers once you're in the hospital. I hope everything goes smoothly. Hugs.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 12:39 pm
Refuah shleimah to your husband.Try to bring what you’ll need to stay a while that way if they let you stay you have food, snacks, clothing and toiletries.
Definitely not the same thing but I was recently in the hospital for preterm labor. I brought everything I thought I’ll need just in case. My husband was allowed in to my room from the lobby shortly after. We had food with us for the whole day. At night he wanted to give me something from the car but the nurses at the nursing station said no they can’t pass on anything to me and that once he leaves he can only come back the next day. Luckily the nurses at the reception desk didn’t make an issue when he tried his luck there and asked them to give it to me and I got the item within a few minutes. But when he left we knew that he can’t come back in.
Try to take what you’ll think you’ll need like a sidur and charger so if no one makes you leave you can at least stay comfortably.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries