Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Snapfish, part II

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 5:13 pm
A while ago I asked about snapfish, & now I'm finally ready to order some pictures. Since a lot of you seem to have experience with them I wanted your advice: Do pictures come out better or worse if you edit them using the various editing tools, such as "auto correct photo" etc.? Have you had success using these tools, or do your pictures come out fine without any editing? Thanks lots! Very Happy

gigi

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 5:22 pm
fine without editing.
if you want to see the difference, choose 2 or 2 prints , and order doubles,
1 before edit , and 1 after editing, that way you can see for yourself.

the special effect, and borders are nice.
and red eye removal is good to use.

mommy24

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 8:16 pm
I have used the red eye remover and the cropping, but I don't think I've ever played around with the colors/borders, etc.

I don't remember the other thread , but just wanted to warn you that you should order the pics soon after you've uploaded them. I have forgotten this and sometimes order prints from older albums and the pics come out fuzzy, I actually just re-ordered from an older album and I compared the ones I received a few months ago to the same exact pictures I just received now and htere is a BIG difference. The ones I just received are not as clear as the original ones. I hope this makes sence. Maybe others have already explained htis before.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Feb 01 2008, 11:44 am
Thanks for your replies!

mommy24 wrote:
I don't remember the other thread , but just wanted to warn you that you should order the pics soon after you've uploaded them. I have forgotten this and sometimes order prints from older albums and the pics come out fuzzy, I actually just re-ordered from an older album and I compared the ones I received a few months ago to the same exact pictures I just received now and htere is a BIG difference. The ones I just received are not as clear as the original ones. I hope this makes sence. Maybe others have already explained htis before.

That's really strange! Has anyone else had this experience? I uploaded a whole bunch of pictures but it's taking me a little while to sort out which ones I want to print. Do you think that's gonna be a problem?

gigi

Post Fri, Feb 01 2008, 11:49 am
I never had that problem.
sometimes when I order my prints I also choose some old ones - years old..
they always come out fine.
one time I was not happy with the color of the pictures (dull), so I sent them back and they replaced them.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Feb 01 2008, 11:57 am
Thanks, gigi!

mommy24

Post Fri, Feb 01 2008, 2:01 pm
gigi wrote:
I never had that problem.
sometimes when I order my prints I also choose some old ones - years old..
they always come out fine.
one time I was not happy with the color of the pictures (dull), so I sent them back and they replaced them.

I spoke to someone else about it years ago and they also had the same problem, so I know its not only me. for some reason the pictures look like they use less pixels.

Thats a good idea to send it back, I didn't think of that , thanks gigi. When you returned it did they fix the color ? maybe they can fix my pics. ITs not that htey are bad , just htat htere is a big difference betweent he ones ordered in august and the ones I reordered this week.

gigi

Post Fri, Feb 01 2008, 2:28 pm
I sent them back and got a credit, and the next time I ordered from that album they looked fine. brighter.
in general. if you have a problem, call them up, they have always been helpful to me.

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Feb 02 2008, 9:57 pm
I use my own program for red eye reduction, and for lightening a dark picture. I use the crop tool on snapfish, because it limits the amount that it will crop and still give you a good picture.

I Just ordered my pictures from the summer and all are clear and crisp. It sounds like you might have used a lower mega pixel setting on your camera, or you had an old camera with lower mega pixels. The lower the mega pixels, the less clear the picture will be as it gets bigger.

mommy24

Post Sat, Feb 02 2008, 10:25 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
It sounds like you might have used a lower mega pixel setting on your camera, or you had an old camera with lower mega pixels. The lower the mega pixels, the less clear the picture will be as it gets bigger.

Nope. My other pictures came back fine, all with the same camera with the same MP. The pics that came back fuzzy/less pixelated (if that is even a word), were the pics that I took with the same camera and had uploaded to snapfish in August. I had already ordered these pics in september and gave them to family members so I wanted to order more for our own albums. The pics I gave to our family were all clear.

I will call snapfish, as GiGi said, in the past they have always been very helpful.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 2:06 am
In the beginning I used to play around with borders and captions (I use Shutterfly). But then I got bored and only ordered plain pics.
I edit them all on my own program. (Red eye, crop to focus on subject, etc...)

If you use their touch-up tools, you see on the screen what the picture will look like.
They also tell you up to what size it will come out good. So if you are worried that it will become more grainy if you use their tools, don't be. They would let you know if the size you are ordering isn't fit to print.

rikismom

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 11:03 am
U can have a lot of fun playing around with the fix and enhance tools. U can c what the picture will look like before u order it so it doesn't hurt to try. U can also change pics to black and white. I do that a lot. I have separte albums for black and white pics. Enjoy

Love My Babes

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 3:29 pm
does it take long to upload to the site? I know york takes forever and I wanted to order some prints now and I dont feel like it taking an hour to get the prints on the site...

gigi

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 4:46 pm
it doesn't take long.. we have the DSL.

Love My Babes

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 6:13 pm
I have dsl also. york photo takes forever even with my topspeed internet. they just have a slow system. I wondering if it pays to switch to snapfish if they have a faster upload.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics