Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do you think Purim poems are cute?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Do you think Purim poems are cute?
Yes  
 30%  [ 46 ]
No  
 60%  [ 93 ]
Other  
 9%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 153

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 8:15 pm
watergirl wrote:
The newish thread about passing off food made by others as your own made me think of your post.

When people come here and ask for help with poems and pass it off as their own... why?

With food and with poems, if you sign it or explicitly take credit for it when it's not yours, that's wrong, but there is nothing wrong with presenting somebody else's.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 8:56 pm
To answer the op's question- in general, no I don't think the poems are cute. I honestly don't even read through them if they're longish.

Also, I don't even go for themes even without the poem. Maybe I'm just a real boring person but I seriously don't get the whole "themed" MM. Like why does everything have to connect? Why can't you just give good stuff? People get so busy on this website writing desparate posts asking what goes with their theme. And sometimes the items are so farfetched. Oh maybe that's why they need a poem- to explain the connection. Even if they're not farfetched, the food is sometimes not even good or edible but hey it fits. Like do you think I'm eating some mushed up chocolate cake in a shnopps cup with a little green sour stick sticking up and a flower candy attached to it with marshmallow fluff?. I mean, I get that it's a plant to match with your gardener theme but eww no thanks.

My theme is food.

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:06 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

My theme is food.

My kind of woman!

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:24 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I voted that they’re cute, but to be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever receive a MM with a poem nor have I ever written a poem for my MM!

To me, they exist basically on imamother Very Happy

Same. I don't think I've ever gotten a poem from anyone.
I happen to write well and my poems flow easily but I never include them in my Mishloach Manos either.

eschaya

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:32 pm
To paraphrase a popular nursery rhyme, "when they are good they are very very good, but when they are bad they are horrid".

On occasion I receive a poem that is well constructed, witty, metered and original. I love these. The majority of poems I receive do not fall into this category.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics