Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Searching for Covid Vaccine NY

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:58 pm
I'm eligible to get the Covid vaccine but there's none available in the 5 boroughs of NY. I've been trying to make an appointment for 2 weeks. I was registered for a vaccine but it was cancelled. I'm not having any luck with the vaccinefinder website and 311. I really am desperate to get this vaccine. Do any of you imamothers know of any other websites for arranging a vaccine appointment?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 1:08 pm
Did you call any urgent cares near you? Some places may have extra at the end of the day. Maybe you can try showing up and see.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 1:09 pm
Put yourself on as many lists as possible. Also, some places will give out any extra doses at the end of the day (if you’re eligible). If you’re really desperate you may try showing up at these places near the end of the day (especially in bad weather, when people with appointments may not show up) and see if there is anything left over . . .

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Did you call any urgent cares near you? Some places may have extra at the end of the day. Maybe you can try showing up and see.

I'm already on a list for one particular urgent care center but they said they don't know when they're going to receive a vaccine shipment. The other urgent care centers are not even taking names. The situation in NY for vaccine distribution is dismal. Yankee stadium is opening up this week to give out vaccines but only to Bronx residents.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 1:25 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Put yourself on as many lists as possible. Also, some places will give out any extra doses at the end of the day (if you’re eligible). If you’re really desperate you may try showing up at these places near the end of the day (especially in bad weather, when people with appointments may not show up) and see if there is anything left over . . .

I was thinking about going at the end of the day but it doesn't seem feasible because I don't know when they close and can't find out this info.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 1:28 pm
This website was started by volunteers and it searches many vaccine sites for you and will list availability as it comes. I was able to make a few appointments from this site for elderly relatives. Keep refreshing. I know it's very frustrating.

https://nycvaccinelist.com/

Also, if you call 877-829-4692, which is the number on the NYC vaccine hub website, they often have appointments showing on their end that didn't come up for me online. The wait time was only 10 minutes or so for me.

Hope that helps somewhat. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 1:33 pm
Thank you amother wheat, amother burgundy and groovy1224 for your suggestions. Greatly appreciated!

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 2:41 pm
Try going on vaccine sites at midnight - I’ve heard that they add new slots then. (Don’t know for sure)

I know it’s a mess!!!

Maybe trying showing up at a place at 3, asking re end of the day leftovers and check in with them every half hour till they close?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 2:49 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Try going on vaccine sites at midnight - I’ve heard that they add new slots then. (Don’t know for sure)

I know it’s a mess!!!

Maybe trying showing up at a place at 3, asking re end of the day leftovers and check in with them every half hour till they close?

Excellent idea. Thank you!

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:56 am
Any luck? I'm also looking

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 11:10 am
There is a WhatsApp group where someone in Queens posts available appts. He is doing it as a chessed. Mi kamcha!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Hz2x.....tm6Pi

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 11:32 am
Refuah health center in monsey announced yesterday that they got vaccines

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 5:54 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Any luck? I'm also looking

I just got an appointment for a vaccine at Walgreens. Many Walgreens in the 5 boroughs received a big shipment and they're taking appointments but you have to sign up and form an account. If you need help let me know.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 5:54 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
There is a WhatsApp group where someone in Queens posts available appts. He is doing it as a chessed. Mi kamcha!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Hz2x.....tm6Pi

Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 5:56 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Refuah health center in monsey announced yesterday that they got vaccines

I'm not in Monsey but your help is appreciated!

Einikel

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 6:32 pm
I think Ezra medical has the vaccine

jflower

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 7:31 pm
https://www.goodrx.com/covid-1.....ccine

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 7:42 pm
turbovax.info

This site lists availability at all the NYC sites and it's refreshed often.
They also have an automated twitter feed that tweets when appointments are available.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 8:43 pm
Duane Reade in the city has it and also some CVS, I know 4 ppl who got appointments this week! They are giving out the Moderna.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics