Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Short sleeve sweaters for the summer???

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:52 pm
I’ve been shopping around th Jewish stores for my boys and so many short sleeve sweaters. Yes most of them are thin. But isn’t it too hot past like Shavuos time??? I can’t imagine my 1.5 yr old not shvitzing in them. Many of them are beyond beautiful I’m so conflicted. Anyone have experience with these tops? Last yr I was able to find nice non knit for Shabbos. This yr only found one thing non knit. Getting nervous cuz so much is selling out so quick it’s insanity.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 8:20 pm
I just bought my 2 yr old son the ribbed Analogie sweater. I was thinking the same, hope it's not too hot. But I also bought my girls the coordinating dress which is same ribbed top so I figured if they wear it, he can too. But I'm still not sure.

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 9:16 pm
I've never understood the point of s/s sweaters for people of any age and any gender who aren't double amputees above the elbow. If it's cool enough for a sweater, it's cool enough for l/s, and if it's hot enough for s/s, it's too hot for sweaters.

But, then, I never understood the point of sleeveless turtlenecks, either.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 9:35 pm
zaq wrote:
I've never understood the point of s/s sweaters for people of any age and any gender who aren't double amputees above the elbow. If it's cool enough for a sweater, it's cool enough for l/s, and if it's hot enough for s/s, it's too hot for sweaters.

But, then, I never understood the point of sleeveless turtlenecks, either.

I don’t know the Exact sweaters being discussed (I don’t shop frum fashion) but I buy short sleeve thin knit sweaters for my girl all the time. I don’t like the look of sleeveless Shabbos dresses in shul past age 2 on my girls but I’m not a fan of shells (The look or fabric) : short sleeve sweaters perfect tHis. We buy gap, Gymboree, h&m dresses (sleeves or short sleeves) and layer with a thin sweater in a coordinating color. Even now my oldest is 6 many these brand dresses have cap sleeves which we don’t love for shul: sweaters are perfect for shul and air conditioning and then can come off for the playground

bsy

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 10:09 pm
I don't buy those. Hard to understand who comes up with these ideas.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 10:11 pm
It’s a very think knit. I bought one last summer and I didn’t find my boys sweating more.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 10:47 pm
I don't buy the knit short sleeve tops/ outfits. My children play outdoors for hours on Shabbos, during the summer and I want them to be as cool as possible.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 11:51 pm
They are very thin, why is it different than a polo T-shirt.

Zehava

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 12:07 am
We’re upstate so it isn’t an issue. And they’re way more comfortable than a shirt.
But there are plenty of gorgeous shirts out there this season, so just get him some shirts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics