Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Vaccine for teens questions

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 2:23 am
So, I understand that in NY ages 16 and up can start getting the vaccine this week, but I've heard that Pfizer is the one that's been approved for that age group.

Does that mean that this is the only brand of the shot teenagers can get? Also "16 and up" - and up till where? If Pfizer is for that age group, does that mean 16- 18, 16 - 21, 16 - ???

Yes, LOL, I admit to being confused - I just want to better understand what's allowed/recommended for that age group.

For imamothers in other areas, have your teens gotten the shot? Which one and how did it go?

Thanks!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 3:49 am
Not yet..she's only eligible starting today. Our pediatrician will be getting it soon and then she will get it. Not sure which one.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 3:54 am
16 and 17 can only get Pfizer. 18 and up can get any of the three. My teen got vaccinated already under one of the eligibility categories that was relevant (in NJ). We used a regular vaccine center; we booked one we knew gives Pfizer. The ones that don't usually won't let you book with an under 18 birthday, but it's good to check anyway just in case.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 3:57 am
My daughter wants to go on birthright and seed this summer and she heard she may be required to get vaccinated. I imagine some camps may suggest or even require the same. I wonder what’s going to be in our schools?!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics