Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Anyone's husband day trading - want to hear success stories

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 5:01 am
My husband is amazing at numbers and logic. He is great at risk management and unemotional. He is practicing for the past 2 months day trading (not using real money - in simulator) and he sees some success. I'd like to hear from women who's husbands are successful at day trading and hear when you start making money and how much. My husband has tried many many other jobs with little success. He tried sales, teaching, desk job- he can't do any of that. He always wanted to work for himself at home and not deal with people. So I am looking for success stories because he is set on doing this.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 5:06 am
It's funny my brother just told me that he has been doing this for a number of months quite successfully. I don't have exact details but my husband actually spoke to him for a long time. He has stopped in place in case it goes too low. He has used real money but not huge amounts but has made around $10,000 in the past few months which is pretty good. He might even actually quit his regular job when he sees his successful at it. Because he really hates what he does and doesn't make anywhere near this kind of money. Obviously you need a Nice amount of capital to actually see a good return.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 5:23 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
It's funny my brother just told me that he has been doing this for a number of months quite successfully. I don't have exact details but my husband actually spoke to him for a long time. He has stopped in place in case it goes too low. He has used real money but not huge amounts but has made around $10,000 in the past few months which is pretty good. He might even actually quit his regular job when he sees his successful at it. Because he really hates what he does and doesn't make anywhere near this kind of money. Obviously you need a Nice amount of capital to actually see a good return.

Wow it sounds too good to be true.

How much do you need to start up with? My friends husband does this but does a lot in the night too. Hardly sleeps, it's really not normal. He is extremely successful though, by the looks of it! She told me he's very good at what he does though and it can be a risk for those that aren't good at it, or on top of it.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 5:58 am
He should try it out if he likes it and see how it goes!

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 6:11 am
I would say to start with very small amounts. I don't think you can compare playing with real money to fake money. You will feel the hit much more if you lose even if it's not a big amount.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 6:15 am
The stock market has been booming for a long time lately. It would be hard NOT to make money now.

Day trading doesn't have a good track history in the long term.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 6:34 am
Honestly, I think you're better off investing heavily in ETFs or mutual funds, things like Vanguard or QQQ. It's hard to say if day trading does much better than that, and it's a lot more work. My husband and I have a huge portion of our savings in mutual funds and have made about $100k profit since we got married about 3 years ago, and we barely have to think about it. But of course you need to start off with a large amount to see serious gains, and you have to be ok with letting it sit for a few years.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 11:03 am
Thank you for all the replies. Just wondering if anyone's husband is doing this now and how long to make even 2k a month.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Honestly, I think you're better off investing heavily in ETFs or mutual funds, things like Vanguard or QQQ. It's hard to say if day trading does much better than that, and it's a lot more work. My husband and I have a huge portion of our savings in mutual funds and have made about $100k profit since we got married about 3 years ago, and we barely have to think about it. But of course you need to start off with a large amount to see serious gains, and you have to be ok with letting it sit for a few years.

How much did you invest to get to that number?
(Or what was your rate of return?)

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 11:31 am
Was just thinking to start day trading, for enjoyment- I love investments and can handle a (successful) risk. But I don't want to become a gambler...
I know someone who is very successful at day trading and is really making nice $. He is great at numbers. He is very busy with it. Had a lot of money so wen he started it wasn't to much of a risk...
would love to hear more on this....

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 11:45 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:

Wow how can I do this too??
I have a large amount of money and looking to do something like this

Can you pls elaborate more, or have a contact info/agent you can recommend?

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 11:49 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Wow how can I do this too??
I have a large amount of money and looking to do something like this

Can you pls elaborate more, or have a contact info/agent you can recommend?

Fidelity or other investment banks will be happy to help you.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for all the replies. Just wondering if anyone's husband is doing this now and how long to make even 2k a month.

You also have to ask if their losing more than that a month.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 2:33 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
You also have to ask if their losing more than that a month.

Agreed. Day trading is risky business my husband is great at it too, but I put up a fuss when he started doing it. It's very addictive, a lot like gambling, and I put my foot down. No more day trading. With a house, kids, tuition, etc I wanted something steady not volatile. As quick as you make a bundle you can lose more.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 3:12 pm
It might be good as a side thing to bring in some extra income.
Doing it full time was not successful for people I know. ( as in being able to earn $10k a month). Even with algorithms etc.

small bean

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 3:42 pm
My husband is a hustler. He wears many hats ans does many different kinds of work. He day trades. We don't live off any of the money nor rely on it. We have dipped in and took money for other investments.

I think it's risky to do this as the only source of income. As a side where you can afford some losses, you can see tremendous success.

Soul on fire

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 3:46 pm
I'm not sure if it's called day trading but my husband has been buying and selling stocks for us over past couple of weeks and has been serious for about a week. And we have most stocks now that are doing really well in 9 days he's made $100 which isn't great but it's a start and the market is up and down daily. If your husband really wants to get into this it's a good idea to join a service for awhile until he learns the ins and outs. Motley Fool has great stock advisors and they pretty much always have good picks that make good money in the long run.

small bean

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 3:51 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
It might be good as a side thing to bring in some extra income.
Doing it full time was not successful for people I know. ( as in being able to earn $10k a month). Even with algorithms etc.

This exactly. My husband did more than that for the first quarter but April so far I don't think he will hit 10k. He had a couple of losses so far that were not tiny.

My husband had been trading on his own since he was 13 and I worked for a hedge fund. We both actively trade. You win some and lose some. It's not a salary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics