Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you started a business selling a product

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 9:37 am
What's your story? How did you find your product, or did it find you? How did you learn what you needed to know to make it work?

I have a degree and work for myself, but I always dreamed of starting a business. But I'm frozen at trying to figure out how to get started.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 6:49 pm
bump

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 8:18 pm
bump

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 8:27 pm
What kind of product do you want to sell? Speak to people in that market, see if it's needed, what price point is it worth? Those are just some starting questions...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 8:36 pm
op do u have a business idea?
a business coach could help you get started.. hatzlacha

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 9:20 pm
My dh comes from a family of entrepreneurs.
When we got married he was in kollel but constantly coming up with ideals and getting all excited about them. They mostly weren’t products and usually they were related to a need he saw.

For example last week we had a cleaning lady no show and his first thought was that someone should make a database of these ladies with their picture and rate them etc. My first thought was just to get annoyed. His brain is just wired like that.

His current business is a little specific so I can’t write what it is here but he has thought of a shipping business, a remittance business, a telecom business, etc.

Selling a product that isn’t incredibly brilliant and unique is not likely to make enough for you to live off of. Like selling hair bands or whatever would be fun and give you some extra cash but you likely won’t make a full income on it.

Think about an area that you may be uniquely qualified in (maybe you have connections somewhere or specific knowledge or specific passion), think about needs in our community and unless you’re wealthy think about something with a low startup cost.

My husbands current business had a startup cost of less than 5k, and Bh he makes around 200k annually after a few years. If we had to invest 100k into it, maybe he would’ve made more, but we couldn’t do it. We had no money!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics