Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby doesn't want his bottles. Pls help

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:31 pm
My lo has a cough and cold. He doesnt want his bottles. He'll only take 2-3 oz at most. This afternoon he doesn't want anything.

English3

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:33 pm
Very normal just give him in small amounts. And go in to er if you are worried. They usually get worse before they get better. Is it now day three?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:37 pm
The symptoms have been since Thursday night. Not wanting bottles since yesterday

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:41 pm
How old is he? Drinking from a bottle is really hard if you have a stuffy nose, and being sick will make you lose your appetite. See if you can get him to take sips from a cup.

Check his gums. If they look pale, then he's dehydrated. You'll have to be more insistent with the fluids, or he'll need an IV.

If the gums are normal and pink, then you have nothing to worry about.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:42 pm
Please call the on call doctor if you’re concerned about dehydration.
Dehydration is not a joke and they make have some recommendations they could make and/of they could help you assess how baby is doing.
I hope he feels better soon

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:44 pm
3 months old. The Dr said it's normal as long as he's staying hydrated but he doesn't want to drink now.

hodeez

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:45 pm
Put some saline in his nose and suction. It's impossible to suck effectively when your nose is clogged

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:03 pm
Went through this with my 3 month old when he had a respiratory infection. Was barely eating but was happy and alert and had wet diapers. His appetite came back when he felt better.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:26 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Went through this with my 3 month old when he had a respiratory infection. Was barely eating but was happy and alert and had wet diapers. His appetite came back when he felt better.

Don't they need a certain amount of ounces a day?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Don't they need a certain amount of ounces a day?

They usually do but if the baby is alert and making wet diapers they’ll be okay eating less for a few days. (As per my pediatrician. He wasn’t bothered at all.)

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 8:06 pm
Remember babies are people also. Sometimes you feel sick and are not so hungry. As long as you are staying hydrated and the lack of appetite doesn’t persist it’s ok. Same thing applies to babies. Little people.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:04 pm
I still recommend to call the doctor and ask:
What should I be on the lookout for re dehydration?
Then if he doesn’t have those issues, you won’t have to worry if he’s getting enough fluid. And if he does, you’ll know to take care of it.

(The issue is not the calories it’s the fluid)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics