Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tiny pimples around mouth area

blueberry6

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:12 pm
My one year old seems to have developed these tiny little red pimples/rash around her mouth. I first noticed it about a month ago and since then it seems to come and go, but I don't think it ever goes away fully. My pediatrician didn't know what it was but didn't seem overly concerned - he said it might be from her pacifier or drool or something. But I don't know, that explanation doesn't make so much sense to me, and in the meantime she has days when she looks... injured, or something LOL okay, not really, but I'm not a fan of the look
Has anybody seen this? What is it and what can I do about it?

lilik

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:25 pm
My baby has and doc said it could be allergy related but hard to pinpoint even by allergist. He perscibed a cream.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:26 pm
Food allergy or sensitivity.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:30 pm
My daughter used to get that when eating dairy. As she got older her tolerance went up and now she's fine.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:31 pm
Could very possibly be from a pacifier, I know a child who had it. Her mom changed to a more open around the mouth one and it went away.

My child had it and it was a food intolerance. I was told to continue giving so body should get used to it. I kept giving and it went away with time.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 6:35 pm
My child had this issue, it was a sensitivity to the pacifier.
I got these and the problem went away.

https://www.target.com/p/mam-a.....aw.ds

They sell them for all ages.

Miri1

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:00 pm
I knew a kid who got a rash around her mouth from eating plums.
Sorry to say this but it could be anything.

If it does go down sometimes, perhaps you can keep a log, and get to the bottom of it though.
Some kids get eczema that lasts for weeks after the trigger so it can be really hard to figure out the pattern.

blueberry6

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:26 pm
It's just weird because she hasn't been eating anything new - no new food groups, at any rate, so I don't know how it could be an allergy. And she's been using a pacifier since she was born - if that's it, why would it just start now?
I dunno, I'm just confused. She has the mam pacifiers but they're not so open - maybe I'll try more open ones like amother denim mentioned

Perrys

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:29 pm
Cokasaki

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 5:08 am
blueberry6 wrote:
It's just weird because she hasn't been eating anything new - no new food groups, at any rate, so I don't know how it could be an allergy. And she's been using a pacifier since she was born - if that's it, why would it just start now?
I dunno, I'm just confused. She has the mam pacifiers but they're not so open - maybe I'll try more open ones like amother denim mentioned

My child had been using the same kind of pacifier since born as well.
The rash started at around a year old.
I changed to the mam skin sensetiv pacifier and it went away.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 5:14 am
Coxsackie virus? It's going around lakewood now. But it usually clears up on its own in a week or so.

blueberry6

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:15 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Coxsackie virus? It's going around lakewood now. But it usually clears up on its own in a week or so.

Nah, I doubt it. I'm not in Lakewood, and at any rate it's been about a month. And she's acting pretty much normal in every other way Wink thanks though!
I don't think I'm going to run out to the doctor for this, so I guess I'll just wait and see and mention it at my next appointment.
Thanks everyone!

amother
White

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:21 am
Perioral dermatitis?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 10:22 am
Does she drool a lot?
See if the area tends to get wet- which in that case it can be the root of the issue. If it’s a drooling rash try an aquafor type cream. We found aloe vesta to heal a drooling rash

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:39 am
If they're open sores it could be hand foot and mouth. When my daughter had it she was feeling totally fine. I wrote off the rash on her mouth as being due to drooling from teething and the rash on her bottom as being a diaper rash but they both turned into open sores and it was hand foot and mouth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics