Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Ever shop at Goodwill?
1  2  Next

hodeez

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:40 pm
I kind of want to go to the one on Livingston Street... Wondering if it's worth it?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:41 pm
Yes! I don’t know where Livingston street is but there are amazing high end ones in my neighborhood (Manhattan) I’ve gotten lots of designer clothes and shoes there for bubkes but my best deal was a mink coat in pristine condition for $300

Kiwi13

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:45 pm
I love goodwill!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:18 pm
Always until the one in my neighborhood closed. I haven't bought any clothes since but will have to soon.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:39 pm
Always go to a store in a tony suburb to get the best bargains like Faragamo shoes for 20

hodeez

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:49 pm
So I really don't care about brand name, I just want to go there for the fun of it. Sounds like I'll have a good time thanks for the input Smile

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:00 pm
I'm assuming you're tristate.
I love my local Purple Heart thrift shop.

itsmeima

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:13 pm
I love thrift shopping! Do it!

mha3484

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:25 pm
85% of my families clothing comes from goodwill. I love it.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:29 pm
What goodwill have u all been the most successful at in Brooklyn/nyc area? Big plus if there parking nearby

amother
Purple

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:31 pm
hodeez wrote:
I kind of want to go to the one on Livingston Street... Wondering if it's worth it?

The goodwill near me is expensive but they have half price off different tag colors every day so sometimes its worth buying depending what I find on sale that day. I have learned from tic tok that there is a goodwill outlet store somewhere in NYC (I believe in Queens) where you can buy merchandise by the pound and it comes out cheaper. I have never been there but hope to check it out one day. Here is the website, I guess call beforehand to see if they are open-- https://www.gwoutletstorelocat.....york/

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:44 pm
But don't you all find Goodwill too expensive? Like, you can get new clothes for cheaper at Burlington...

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:47 pm
hodeez wrote:

I believe I stopped in to that one and did not like it at all! They didn't have much and whatever they did have, was priced too high in my opinion. Disclaimer: I only checked out the toys and books.
I really miss Unique, formerly located next to Macy's a few blocks over, in Fulton Mall.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:48 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
But don't you all find Goodwill too expensive? Like, you can get new clothes for cheaper at Burlington...
This is how I felt with the toys I saw there.

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:49 pm
I haven't done thrift stores for a couple of years because I find good sales at frum stores but there are some great deals for people who have tons of time.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:59 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Yup. Old Navy, Target, Primark, etc are all cheaper especially when their merch is on sale. Its shocking that goodwill is so expensive considering they all their merchandise is donated and they are supposed to be helping the poor. Not sure how they get away with this.

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 9:01 pm
One of the sad things about thrift stores is that they have to pay $$$$ to dispose of junk that people shouldn't donate.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:06 pm
southernbubby wrote:
One of the sad things about thrift stores is that they have to pay $$$$ to dispose of junk that people shouldn't donate.

If Unique and other thrift stores can keep their prices low, I'm sure Goodwill can too. I hear that Red, White, and Blue is also a great thrift shop but I don't think there are any Brooklyn locations.

Why would I pay $5-6 for a used Chutes and Ladders game if I can find a brand new one on Amazon during holiday season on sale for that price or less.

I did find some inexpensive books at a Fort Lauderdale area Goodwill, so I guess prices range at different locations.

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Sun, May 02 2021, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:11 pm
anything in or near lakewood?

seeker

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:21 pm
Would love if people who like Goodwill can post the location of likable Goodwills and what you like about them. They definitely vary so it would be nice to know where to go.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics