Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Nintendo switch lite

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 1:48 pm
Is it possible to completely disable the Wifi and internet accessibility? My child is pretty tech savvy. I thought I was too, but I’m pretty sure he’s a few steps ahead of me and I’m wondering if it’s even a possibility before I decide to purchase it.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it possible to completely disable the Wifi and internet accessibility? My child is pretty tech savvy. I thought I was too, but I’m pretty sure he’s a few steps ahead of me and I’m wondering if it’s even a possibility before I decide to purchase it.

Following

mumaus

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 3:54 am
Following!

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 5:01 am
I can’t remember what I did, but when I set up my sons Nintendo switch I didn’t switch on the wifi.
I think I would need to sign in to enable wifi.

When he got it, we made it clear that he can’t play online or download games. - we buy the physical cards for the games.

I guess you need to know your kid, some kids would try to get around it and log on to the the online gaming, but some kids don’t have the urge or desire to even try.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 9:57 am
It comes with an app parents download on their phones in order to manage the device. I limit the time he can play daily and it automatically stops working as soon as the time is up. I limit the software he can download by its ratings. There are different restriction settings. It's only been 3 weeks but so far we are doing ok. Also he's only allowed to play in the living room and never after 7 unless I give special permission. Of all the devices out there for gaming this is the one I felt most comfortable with. And yet still it's highly supervised. I can also see what games he has played daily.

I'm sure there is a way to disable the wifi altogether but I didn't bother checking as the device is not allowed to leave the house. And I can just shut connection to his device through my router if I want to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics