Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
How can I make chocolate swirls in my cheese cake?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:53 am
I have a very good cheese cake recipe. Sometimes I bake with a chocolate crunch topping or mini cappuccino chips but I’m about to bake now and realized that I forgot to buy toppings.
How do I create chocolate swirls? Add cocoa to some of the cheese cake batter? Melt chocolate? Can I use chocolate syrup?
Thanks!

scruffy

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:55 am
Melt chocolate and mix it into a quarter of your batter. Pour in the white batter first, then drizzle the chocolate batter on top. Swirl with a toothpick.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:24 am
scruffy wrote:
Melt chocolate and mix it into a quarter of your batter. Pour in the white batter first, then drizzle the chocolate batter on top. Swirl with a toothpick.

Thank you!

leaf

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:26 am
can you share your recipe? tia!

hodeez

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:38 am
I've used cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, chocolate instant pudding. All great options

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:03 am
Somehow after I added the melted chocolate, parts became a little clumpy. Maybe because the chocolate was warm? I tried to take out the chocolate bits . It still made a nice swirl though. I found mini chocolate chips and added a little on top ( so if someone finds a little clump of melted chocolate, they’ll probably think it’s a chocolate chip.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:12 am
leaf wrote:
can you share your recipe? tia!

Sure!

This is a large recipe. It fills up 2 graham cracker pie crusts and another small pan.. or instead of filling up the small pan (with the leftover batter) you can pour into cupcake pans.

3 containers whipped cream cheese
1 large container sour cream
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar (you can play around with the sugar using more or less depending on how sweet you like it)
1 tsp lemon juice
2 scoops vanilla sugar (I think that’s 2 tbsp)
2 tbsp flour

Mix all ingredients and pour into graham cracker pie crust shells
Bake at 350 for around 45 minutes- to 1 hour depending on oven. Leave a pan of water on bottom shelf of oven while baking
When you turn off the oven, don’t take out the cheese cakes . Leave in for at least 1/2 hour

#ibelieve

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:18 am
you can leave your original recipe and next time you go to the grocery buy caramel cream (dairy glass jar) and spread it on top. this can also be done right before serving.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:27 am
#ibelieve wrote:
you can leave your original recipe and next time you go to the grocery buy caramel cream (dairy glass jar) and spread it on top. this can also be done right before serving.

Should have done that! Too late now because I sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top...

ila

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:30 am
I think you still can put the caramel on top of you want - chocolate and caramel go together well

scruffy

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Somehow after I added the melted chocolate parts became a little clumpy. Maybe because the chocolate was warm? I tried to take out the chocolate bits . It still made a nice swirl though. I found mini chocolate chips and added a little on top ( so if someone finds a little clump of melted chocolate, they’ll probably think it’s a chocolate chip.

Oops sorry Sad

I forgot to specify to add the batter into the chocolate slowly.

That's on me

You're creative though OP!!

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 12:01 pm
Dulce de leche would be a good addition too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics