Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is your house clean all week?
1  2  3  Next

How clean is your house all week
My house is spotless all week  
 2%  [ 8 ]
My house is clean most of the week  
 36%  [ 109 ]
My house is messy most of the week  
 37%  [ 112 ]
I only clean/tidy for Shabbos  
 9%  [ 27 ]
My house is messy all week  
 13%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 295

HakarasHatov

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:35 pm
Some people say a clean house is a need and dysfunctional otherwise. Others say it is normal to have a messy house with young kids is normal and ok. So what is your opinion

4g01o

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:37 pm
I function better in a tidy house, but that's not to say its clean! (or always tidy) I try my best to keep ontop of it but let it slide alot too especially during busy times like before yom tov when I'm cooking more etc. I only have a cleaner once a week.

English3

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:41 pm
In two hours my house can be spotless, during the week I don't always have the energy to do it but Friday is a must for me.

mha3484

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:41 pm
Really depends on the week. I aim for reasonable clean and if its a good week I usually can keep to that. Sometimes its a bad week and I just do my best.

bigsis144

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:42 pm
My house is never ever ever clean 😂

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 2:43 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

imasinger

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:09 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

This

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:14 pm
No other? I would say my house is an organized mess all week.

SuperWify

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:15 pm
I voted most of the week but the real answer is half of the week. My housekeeper comes midweek for a full day and cleans my house top to bottom. So until shabbos it’s clean. I tidy again for shabbos and then after shabbos.

But don’t come to my house Sunday- Tuesday. Can't Believe It

healthymom1

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:17 pm
Depends on the week. Depends on me.
I’m not good at putting my clothing away. But don’t have clutter anywhere.
Toys get put away at end of day.
Sweep kitchen everyday
Don’t do dishes daily but sometimes I do.
I try to keep it clean enough that I wouldn’t be embarrassed if I have unexpected visitors but don’t need immaculate.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:18 pm
Dirty can mean dysfunctional, but it depends how dirty. Toys on the living room floor, unfolded laundry on the couch and 3 dirty dishes in the sink is not dysfunctional. Overflowing garbage, dirty dishes al over the counters with flies buzzing all over them, and dirty laundry piled up for two weeks is dysfunctional. Most people don’t have immaculate houses unless they have huge houses with a ton of cleaning help.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:22 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Dirty can mean dysfunctional, but it depends how dirty. Toys on the living room floor, unfolded laundry on the couch and 3 dirty dishes in the sink is not dysfunctional. Overflowing garbage, dirty dishes al over the counters with flies buzzing all over them, and dirty laundry piled up for two weeks is dysfunctional. Most people don’t have immaculate houses unless they have huge houses with a ton of cleaning help.

Just pointing out that I find it interesting you said huge houses. I thought that the bigger the house the harder it is to maintain?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:25 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
Just pointing out that I find it interesting you said huge houses. I thought that the bigger the house the harder it is to maintain?

Not really, if you have a huge house then you’re much more likely to have a place for everything, less clutter. No toys in the living room because you have a playroom, no laundry on the couch because you have a laundry room. Organized closets because you actually have a place to put everything, even if you leave two dirty pots on the counter it doesn’t look as messy because the counter is huge and most of it is empty, etc...

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:28 pm
Dirty and messy are two different things. My house is always clean. But when the kids are home it’s messy.
I clean the house after they go to sleep, and make the beds and tidy up when they are in school, so during the day it is pretty clean. From 4-8 it’s a real mess, and I dont bother cleaning till they are in bed.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:33 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Not really, if you have a huge house then you’re much more likely to have a place for everything, less clutter. No toys in the living room because you have a playroom, no laundry on the couch because you have a laundry room. Organized closets because you actually have a place to put everything, even if you leave two dirty pots on the counter it doesn’t look as messy because the counter is huge and most of it is empty, etc...

Ok I hear you
I guess I'm just a kind of person who isn't the neatest that's why I said organized mess. I know where everything is and everyone else knows it too even if it's not in it's right place. So for me a bigger house would not work it would mean more room for my organized mess

HakarasHatov

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:39 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Dirty and messy are two different things. My house is always clean. But when the kids are home it’s messy.
I clean the house after they go to sleep, and make the beds and tidy up when they are in school, so during the day it is pretty clean. From 4-8 it’s a real mess, and I dont bother cleaning till they are in bed.

Do you work or are you a SAHM

4g01o

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:43 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
Ok I hear you
I guess I'm just a kind of person who isn't the neatest that's why I said organized mess. I know where everything is and everyone else knows it too even if it's not in it's right place. So for me a bigger house would not work it would mean more room for my organized mess

Same, I'd be really overwhelmed in a much bigger house than what we have now. I just hope to extend the hall, kitchen (not actual cupboards just more space) we have enough cupboards, everything has its place. In our new front room we plan on putting a desk, chair, maybe a 2er love seat couch thing but no cupboards because I hate clutter and we have tons of cupboard space and open shelves in our dining room/playroom. The lounge is just 2 big couches, cushions, a big rug, a big mirror on the wall, a floor light, a tiny glass side table by one couch with the phone, rooter and a fake plant. That's it! I like tidy. Once it's all tidy, its easier to keep clean!

Also we have enough to clean when it comes to pesach, I'd just get super overwhelmed with more cupboards, more clutter.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:54 pm
HakarasHatov wrote:
Do you work or are you a SAHM

I’m a WAHM.

HakarasHatov

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:58 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I’m a WAHM.

Work at home mom?

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 3:59 pm