Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Blue kitchen?
Previous  1  2

amother
Brown

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 10:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What color appliances should I get? White or stainless?

Stainless!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:07 am
Those of you that wrote stainless, is it because it’s more practical, stylish, or because it’ll look better? I’m thinking it’ll be less going on if the appliances match my counters which are mostly white with some gold streaks. Or am I wrong?

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:12 am
I just redid my kitchen with all blue cabinets and it's beautiful. We have lots of light and 2 windows.
The backsplash and counters are light colored as well.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:26 am
Blue and turquoise are absolutely beautiful. Just bear in mind that people were saying the same thing about harvest gold and avocado tones in 1970. Trends are trends, and they date quickly.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Those of you that wrote stainless, is it because it’s more practical, stylish, or because it’ll look better? I’m thinking it’ll be less going on if the appliances match my counters which are mostly white with some gold streaks. Or am I wrong?

All of the above. White reminds me of a rental apartment. It looks cheaper and dirtier and is harder to maintain. Stainless looks so much nicer!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Blue and turquoise are absolutely beautiful. Just bear in mind that people were saying the same thing about harvest gold and avocado tones in 1970. Trends are trends, and they date quickly.

It’s funny because I didn’t even know blue is in style now. The place I live in now people make mostly white. If anything they add some grey or taupe.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s funny because I didn’t even know blue is in style now. The place I live in now people make mostly white. If anything they add some grey or taupe.

I did my kitchen 4 years ago. Absolutely no one was doing blue. I love it. It's so calming. Also feminine in a way, but not too feminine.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Look on houzz. You’ll see lots of beautiful kitchens with blue cabinets, white counters, gold hardware and stainless appliances. Literally exactly what you are describing. It’s definitely trending.

I personally like the ones that are mostly white with only the bottom of the island blue. All blue is also nice if there’s enough light and white accents. The ones with all white upper and all blue lower look very broken up. I do not care for the look.
Definitely stainless appliances. Not even a question.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:45 am

This is more or less the color

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 12:50 pm
OP it's stunning I love it so much. I still wouldn't use it for the upper cabinets though Sad
Just my personal opinion.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is more or less the color

Oh I love it so much!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 1:35 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
OP it's stunning I love it so much. I still wouldn't use it for the upper cabinets though Sad
Just my personal opinion.

So I’m thinking now of doing the upper center cabinets white and the rest blue. There are 4 cabinets in the center and a window on each side. That will give the kitchen symmetry and will not cost us so much.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 1:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I’m thinking now of doing the upper center cabinets white and the rest blue. There are 4 cabinets in the center and a window on each side. That will give the kitchen symmetry and will not cost us so much.

Definitely send pictures! I wanna see:)

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That's fine. I would encourage you to also pay extra for some choices that you won't see but that will matter more long-term: get plywood boxes and upgrade to Blum drawer slides and hinges.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 1:55 pm
I have recently seen a beautiful blue cabinets kitchen. The cabinets were aqua/royal blue stained wood. It wasn't painted more like stain so some of the natural wood was seen. White granite countertops and backsplash with gold Matt Hardware. Was absolutely beautiful!

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 2:42 pm
It's beautiful.
Personally I hate the look of different upper and lower cabinet colors- it's busy and dizzying to me. But doing just the center cabinets sounds interesting. Another idea that I would like better is to have glass doors on the center cabinets so they're lighter and add interest but don't look to busy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen