Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cooking frozen gefilte fish in (meat) Instant Pot

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:14 pm
I usually cook my frozen gefilte in my pareve Instant Pot all year.

I only have a meat one I use on Pesach. Haven't use it yet all week so it's not ben yomo.

Wondering if it is ok to cook the gefilte in it and what the status of the gefilte will be afterwards and also the pot.

No one around I can ask right now. I wanted to do some of my cooking for Shabbos and YT tonight so I am not overwhelmed and in kitchen all day tomorrow. Had to work all Chol Hamoed.

Anyone know? Thanks.

Frumme

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:16 pm
If the pot is clean, it doesn't matter if the pot is ben yomo meat or not. Just make sure it's clean, cook the fish, clean the pot, and you can immediately cook fleish in it afterwards. The fish will be pareve, meat equipment (what that means depends on if you are Sephardi or Ashkenazi)

Btw you said
Quote:
Haven't use it yet all week so it's ben yomo
did you mean it's not ben yomo?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:25 pm
Frumme wrote:
If the pot is clean, it doesn't matter if the pot is ben yomo meat or not. Just make sure it's clean, cook the fish, clean the pot, and you can immediately cook fleish in it afterwards. The fish will be pareve, meat equipment (what that means depends on if you are Sephardi or Ashkenazi)

Btw you said
Quote:
Haven't use it yet all week so it's ben yomo
did you mean it's not ben yomo?

Frumme -- thanks!

Yes, I meant NOT ben yomo (I corrected it).

I am Sefardi but married Ashkenaz so I get confused with some of the kashrut. I follow my DH's minhagim.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:27 pm
Don’t cook the fish in a (real) cream sauce and you are fine.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:30 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Don’t cook the fish in a (real) cream sauce and you are fine.

LOL LOL LOL

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:33 pm
I was told to wait 24 hours between cooking fish and meat. This is really a question for your LOR.

trixx

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 5:50 pm
I do this every Friday... Never thought it's a problem. Make the fish in the pot (20min manual and 20min release) then wash and make chicken soup in it (1:20hr natural release)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 6:26 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I was told to wait 24 hours between cooking fish and meat. This is really a question for your LOR.

Our Rav just answered. He said better to wait 24hrs but it is still ok to do fleishigs directly after cleaning pot ONLY IF you have to (in a bind or short on time etc). It is more ideal to wait the 24 hrs.

4pom

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 3:37 pm
Was waiting for an answer from my rav about this specific question. Cooking fish in a meat instapot. Found this thread.
I just wonder if an instapot is different because how clean does the rubber seal and metal pieces really get?
Did anyone ask specifically about an instapot?
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen