Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best single to double stroller

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 9:27 pm
I would like one that can push very easily and the shock absorbers on the tires are good and a big basket are the main things that’s important.

Can anybody recommend their favorites?

Cannot afford bugaboo or uppababy

I’ve seen these mockingbird stroller ads and it sounds great but I wanna hear from someone here how it is.

SacN

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:21 pm
I had a Phil and Ted's and absolutely loved it. It was lightweight for a double stroller and so easily transformed to a single. It fit in my tiny elevator and was great after my kids outgrew the double but it was still a great single for a big toddler. It folded with one hand too, which was fabulous. It was so easy to push (like a single!) and fit around corners.
I have friends who had their big fancy double too, with the bassinet seats, which have buckles/straps, a huge safety benefit most bassist strollers don't have.

I know it's not as "classy" or trendy as the other ones you mentioned, but I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 2:29 am
SacN wrote:
I had a Phil and Ted's and absolutely loved it. It was lightweight for a double stroller and so easily transformed to a single. It fit in my tiny elevator and was great after my kids outgrew the double but it was still a great single for a big toddler. It folded with one hand too, which was fabulous. It was so easy to push (like a single!) and fit around corners.
I have friends who had their big fancy double too, with the bassinet seats, which have buckles/straps, a huge safety benefit most bassist strollers don't have.

I know it's not as "classy" or trendy as the other ones you mentioned, but I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Only issue with the phil and teds is you lose the basket because the other child is basically sitting inside it.
I liked the britax b-ready, which is very similar to the uppababy vista but cheaper.

SacN

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 4:52 am
Quote:

Only issue with the phil and teds is you lose the basket because the other child is basically sitting inside it.

I never found this to be a problem until my little one was a toddler, by which point I was rarely using it as a double. The baby goes in the bottom seat, and their legs aren't that long. And my kids are giants.

I didn't have a car and grocery shopped in that stroller.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 6:32 am
You can check out the City Select and Joovy Qool, I’ve heard good things.

bnm

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 4:47 pm
City Select is hard to push in twin mode. Or at least it was last time I tried it about 6 years ago. My friend has a mocking bird she uses for 2 kids, I can ask her about it.

sky

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 5:10 pm
I’m very happy with my Phil and. Ted bought a second one when my 10 ye old one was worn out
There are lots of cons but I felt The pros out weighed them.
If you want I can write a detailed review if you are thinking of buying.
And if you look hard enough you can find great deals. I think I paid $415 with the double seat. Frum stores also seem to have better pricing then online sometimes.

trixx

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 5:15 pm
I'd check Craigslist or Facebook marketplace because for a few hundred dollars you can find uppababy which is the same price as a different brand, new. And if you can borrow a car to go into NJ then search there too

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 5:24 pm
Thank you all! I’m also looking for one with a bassinet for the near future

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 5:31 pm
How far apart in age will the kids be? I find unless they are both really little the inline ones are very hard to push in double mode. I prefer a side by side much better. You can't go wrong with a city mini and the valco is very popular now as well.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 6:36 pm
Following. I started a thread a bit ago about mockingbird but didn’t get any replies from anyone who had tried it as a double (which makes sense since the single to double came out recently.)

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 6:40 pm
I had the City Select and now have the Uppababy Vista. The City Select is good but it is very heavy I really like the Vista better and the Vista came with the bassinet. Maybe see if you can find one on sale or in Craigslist for cheaper.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 7:59 pm
I had a Graco single to double for many years I don't think they sell that model any more. They have different ones on their web sites. I like Graco brand

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:13 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
How far apart in age will the kids be? I find unless they are both really little the inline ones are very hard to push in double mode. I prefer a side by side much better. You can't go wrong with a city mini and the valco is very popular now as well.

I’m expecting now and I know it’s too early to shop for this kinda thing but I wanna be prepared lol.
Don’t know how far along I am now but for sure when this baby is born my son will iyH be an active typical 2 year old!

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:14 pm
I'm not sure you need a stroller with a 2 yr gap unless you do a lot of shopping. Otherwise a riding board can work.

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:15 pm
I do do a lot of shopping lol. Mostly groceries, though. And I use that basket a lot with the stroller I have now

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:16 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I'm not sure you need a stroller with a 2 yr gap unless you do a lot of shopping. Otherwise a riding board can work.

Really? Why? Even if you plan to use the stroller a lot on shabbos? Is the riding board comfortable for long walks?

bnm

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:41 pm

You usually do. At 2 the older one is still sometimes napping in the stroller.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:50 pm

I have never seen it work out with any 2 year old to have a riding board. Ether they need the seat because they can't stand so long or they need the seat so they can be tied in so they do not run away.

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 9:31 pm
Bumping this old thread up lol.

I’ve been looking into the valco double stroller… want to hear pros and cons and if it’s worth it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics