Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
PLEASE HELP ME - URGENT!

amother

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 8:06 am
HELP - SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I need to speak with someone ASAP re: my son who is behaving very unusually. He's 6 yo and a delicious kid. A few weeks ago he started biting his nails and exposing his private parts at every opportunity. This is very unusual for him.

This morning while I was cleaning up the kids room I asked him very casually if he sees anyone doing that, if someone in his school does that, etc. and he ignored me. I thought he didn't hear so I asked him again. He ignored me again. The third time I asked he just walked away.

I started thinking to myslef that something is fishy here and I should really make it my business to find out what.

A few minutes ago I read the Mishpacha Family First article on abusedchildren. They listed some signs, two of which are biting nails and behaving immodestly. T

Now I'm jsut crying and can't stop. I have this terrible, dread in me that something horrible is going on.

PLEASE, if any of you know who I could get in touch with in the Monsey area or even Brooklyn, PLEASE post here QUICKLY!!!! I feel like I'm gonna lose it here. I MUST speak with someone NOW!!!!!!!!!

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 8:12 am
hey not sure what one would do ... but calm down ... think wisely ... because a kid does not need a hysterical mother ... it could make situation worse ...

im here if you need me ... but I hope someone has better advice ...

red sea

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 8:21 am
If you have the jewish press look up the phone # to the yittie label helpline, I know they always have ads printed there, not sure where else.

Try your best to stay outwardly calm in front of your kids.

If what you suspect cv"s is fact you'll want to be real careful how you will talk to your ds, not to add fear that he did anything wrong in his mind. I hope you are very wrong.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 8:22 am
(718) 435-7669 YL hotline

amother

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 8:25 am
thanks for your replies.

If an;y of you have the number for the helpline, or the jewish press, I would be grateful if you'd post as I don't have it nad can't get it now.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 8:27 am
thanks for posting, must've been typing while you posted.

thank you so much!

amother

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 9:07 am
any other numbers? yl helpline is not answering phones anymore today.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 9:11 am
I have no real advice ... but a listening ear ... if you want to pm me and we can talk ... on the phone ...

red sea

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 9:27 am
I dont know , you dont want to speak to just anyone, its better to talk to s/o who knows what theyre talking about. Its hard that its friday & unlikely to be able to get s/o to talk to before the weekend. The YL hotline would be able to reccommend s/o in your area that specializes, besides for talking to you on the phone.

Can you think in whose care your ds may be able to be around s/o like that? Maybe let him have all playmates come to you til after shabbos & you speak with someone, that should give you a bit of peace of mind.

Motek

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 12:38 pm
amother wrote:
A few weeks ago he started biting his nails and exposing his private parts at every opportunity.

Did he just start daycamp? If so, can you or your husband pop in there and see who his counselor is, learning rebbi? Also, if he started camp, is he eager to go in the morning or reluctant?

Any other changes - different shul? playing at someone's house?

Motek

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 8:29 am
so? what's happening?

gamekeeper

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 12:48 am
hi, I was just looking through old posts... and I came past yours... I was just wondering if alls ok now? did you get to the bottom of it?!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 5:20 pm
call eitzah-they are great at ideas for such things
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers