Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The real Julia
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 2:58 pm
I wonder how many others share my perspective. I can't be the only one to think this way:

The Julia that is being portrayed, the Julia we are seeing, the Julia that is being displayed on the public screen, is a character much like Nemo is a character. Much like Cinderella is a character. Much like Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) is a character. The Julia that's being represented is meant to stir an emotional response in the viewers of the show. It's a ''show'', not reality.

The real Julia is a fellow human being, with a beating heart just like yours and mine. With aches and pains just like me. With regrets and sorrows, tribulations and triumphs, like all humans I know. The show isn't showing us all of Julia. It is selecting the parts of Julia that will elicit a particular emotional response. Similar to how products are marketed in a particular way to maximize public interest and impulse.

So I chill and recline in my seat and see this as pure entertainment. I do not think for one minute that the Julia on screen is the Julia off screen. I imagine if I met the real Julia I would see her full humanity and embrace her as a fellow human.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I chill and recline in my seat and see this as pure entertainment. I do not think for one minute that the Julia on screen is the Julia off screen. I imagine if I met the real Julia I would see her full humanity and embrace her as a fellow human.

How do you feel about the Julia who makes her youngest son squirm in his seat because he wants to stay religious, and she tells him how awful a life it is, and hes too young and stupid to realize it.

We can only judge by what we see, and what we see is awful, controlling and selfish and enough to make all of her kids be in therapy or worse, for life, even with their money.

OP, and others:

What do you envision are possibilities, redeeming factors, that if we knew about her, wed think differently about her? Please offer us a glimpse into your imagination.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wonder how many others share my perspective. I can't be the only one to think this way:

The Julia that is being portrayed, the Julia we are seeing, the Julia that is being displayed on the public screen, is a character much like Nemo is a character. Much like Cinderella is a character. Much like Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) is a character. The Julia that's being represented is meant to stir an emotional response in the viewers of the show. It's a ''show'', not reality.

The real Julia is a fellow human being, with a beating heart just like yours and mine. With aches and pains just like me. With regrets and sorrows, tribulations and triumphs, like all hunans I know. The show isn't showing us all of Julia. It is selecting the parts of Julia that will elicit a particular emotional response. Similar to how products are marketed in a particular way to maximize public interest and impulse.

What you are saying is true, however, she is allowing this portrayal for the fame and money. That's awful for her family and friends.

trixx

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:23 pm
It doesn't really make a difference to me. You can argue that we shouldn't internet diagnose her personality. I can and I absolutely will, the same way any viewer will internet diagnose the community. Maybe it's just editing, maybe it's all her. Guaranteed she's not some fluffy sequined cupcake that's horrified at the gross misrepresentation of her sweet character, or she wouldn't have done it to begin with.

sequoia

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:23 pm
It’s a show.
It’s not real.
Have you seen Jersey Shore?
This is the same.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:26 pm
sequoia wrote:
It’s a show.
It’s not real.
This is the same.

I don't think people here do watch shows like that.

Meanwhile, in my mom groups that include many fans of reality/trash TV, no one is talking about My Unorthodox Life. Absolutely no one.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:34 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
I don't think people here do watch shows like that.

Meanwhile, in my mom groups that include many fans of reality/trash TV, no one is talking about My Unorthodox Life. Absolutely no one.

Are people watching it? So curious if it’s a thing.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:39 pm
amother [ Hyssop ] wrote:
How do you feel about the Julia who makes her youngest son squirm in his seat because he wants to stay religious, and she tells him how awful a life it is, and hes too young and stupid to realize it.

I'm curious to what extent scenes like this are scripted.

chestnut

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:39 pm
She said in one of the interviews that she approved every single thing in the show.
Good chance she has another facet of her personality. But if you bash my community like this on international tv for your 5 mins of fame, I don't care about your other facets. I will judge you at face value I see.

chestnut

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:41 pm
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
I'm curious to what extent scenes like this are scripted.

Say, they're completely scripted, starting with Julia's words and ending with her son's emotions.
What does it tell you about the mother who agreed to do it?

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:46 pm
For the life of me I cannot understand the posters who are twisting themselves to make excuses for the woman who has thrown her former community (and her kids) under the bus for her moment in the spotlight and to add more $$ to her already overflowing bank account.

Talk about misplaced compassion.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:47 pm
chestnut wrote:
Say, they're completely scripted, starting with Julia's words and ending with her son's emotions.
What does it tell you about the mother who agreed to do it?

I feel bad for him. She humiliated him by staging this girl to come and confront him and he was laughing from embarrassment

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:50 pm
I couldn’t watch more than the first 5 min.

The vulgar language coming out of her mouth was so distasteful. Don’t find it entertaining at all. But that’s me.

🤢

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 4:23 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
For the life of me I cannot understand the posters who are twisting themselves to make excuses for the woman who has thrown her former community (and her kids) under the bus for her moment in the spotlight and to add more $$ to her already overflowing bank account.

Talk about misplaced compassion.

Imho, those posters, whether they admit it or not, approve of her leaving, and are excited about her new life and financial success, at least to some degree.

Again, imho, her biggest accomplishment in life is the way her 14 year old son is behaving and not caving in to her demands. I LOVE this kid. Hes the real star.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 4:31 pm
No sane person would allow themselves to be portrayed like that. This has nothing to do with religion.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 4:40 pm
Zehava wrote:
No sane person

I extrapolate from this that you see her as suffering from insanity. Am I off the mark?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 5:13 pm
sequoia wrote:
It’s a show.
It’s not real.
This is the same.

Do you think IRL she treats Aron, her 14 y.o. with respect, and the ridicule and hostility that we see, is only for the series?

chestnut

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 5:20 pm
amother [ Hyssop ] wrote:
Do you think IRL she treats Aron, her 14 y.o. with respect, and the ridicule and hostility that we see, is only for the series?

So curious about this. I truly hope so. Otherwise, would the kid really want to bring all this embarrassment out to the open? Although he's only 14 and might not have realized all that at the time.
My real question is Batsheva and her husband. They seem to be smart and normal. HOW were they (Batsheva, really. Her husband probably just went along for her sake) OK with showing Julia interfering with their private lives like that? Money buys everything, I guess?

Zehava

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I extrapolate from this that you see her as suffering from insanity. Am I off the mark?

There are many versions to insanity but I don’t think she’s fully sane

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 5:29 pm
Zehava wrote:
There are many versions to insanity but I don’t think she’s fully sane

Id like a few dollars for every secular (forget frum) psychologist who watches the series and thinks shes insane. My guess is more would than wouldnt.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics