Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos Nachamu embarrassment!!!!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 7:28 pm
Delete

zaq

Post Sat, Jul 24 2021, 10:18 pm
It was a singles Shabbaton thing back in my day, presumably because of its proximity to Tu B’Av and vacation season in general. Never heard of it as a thing for marrieds or families till I came here. We don’t know anyone who views it as a “thing,” but then the people we associate with don’t hold with “things.”

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:21 am
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
First time away!! I went to a kimpeturin heim!
My family nebach is home with tons of ice cream and goodies, but almost no miniyan for the kidush 😕.

Mazel tov! She still has a lovely Jewish name anyway Smile

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:32 pm
Hi again!! We're staying home this year as well. I got past the embarrassment since noone else is home anyway so they don't actually know that we're home. I just hope there are no secret drones or something tracking us.

healthminded

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:35 pm
this shabbos nachmi event is getting out of hand, my husband sent me today an advertisement from an embroidery company selling shabbos nachmi pillows

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:39 pm
Wish we could invite company for the kids this shabbos.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:40 pm
I'll be home! No embarrassment!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:28 pm
Anon cuz everyone I know has heard this story from one of us😬
My extended family went to a gorgeous hotel one year for Shabbos Nachamu. The table right next to us was a lovely frum family- just like us,, Babby, Zeidy with their kids and einiklach... till we got a closer look and realized "Zeidy" was a well known convicted child molester who had served time ( not enough time, but some...)
You better believe we kept our boys on a leash all shabbos, watched them like hawks. All the cousins had to go to the bathroom with a parent.

Since then we rent a huge private house with a pool for everyone to spend shabbos together... no more hotels!!!

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:36 pm
dankbar wrote:
Guess what? I traveled from upstate to my house in city for Shabbos Nachmu

Is that legal?

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:42 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Anon cuz everyone I know has heard this story from one of us😬
My extended family went to a gorgeous hotel one year for Shabbos Nachamu. The table right next to us was a lovely frum family- just like us,, Babby, Zeidy with their kids and einiklach... till we got a closer look and realized "Zeidy" was a well known convicted child molester who had served time ( not enough time, but some...)
You better believe we kept our boys on a leash all shabbos, watched them like hawks. All the cousins had to go to the bathroom with a parent.

Since then we rent a huge private house with a pool for everyone to spend shabbos together... no more hotels!!!

Surprised

rachelli66

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 1:04 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Hi again!! We're staying home this year as well. I got past the embarrassment since noone else is home anyway so they don't actually know that we're home. I just hope there are no secret drones or something tracking us.

LOL Have a beautiful Shabbos!!

dankbar

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 1:12 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Is that legal?

Oh! You are reminding me of my tzaros, from 3 yrs ago. Nobody wanted to take me in. The place I stayed at needed the room for shabbos Nachmu.

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 1:38 am
This year is some mistake. We aren't being home. It was totally not intentional. It just so happened that for various reasons were being away for 3 shabbosim in a row.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 7:27 am
I am home! My husband is in rehab now after a week in the hospital. My husband and I met at a Shabbos Nachmu singles weekend many years ago.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:05 am
We are actually going away. But I don’t want to. My husband wants to very much . My house is much nicer. My bedroom is much nicer. My food tastes so much better. I like having my own space and privacy. And I have to pay for this!! Oh well, it’s only for a few days…

fleetwood

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:20 am
I'm working Friday..no time for travel. Woe is me.

Last edited by fleetwood on Thu, Aug 11 2022, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:22 am
One day I'll write a book (bli neder) and the title might be "The social habits and behavior of the common garden variety American frum Jew", subtitle "online observations from across the ocean". With 1089 color photographs and updated links.
So many odd local customs.
Sometimes, I think reading imamother is more fun than whale-watching. Twisted Evil
Yes, I know I'm being mean. Just couldn't stop myself. Bring on the tomatoes.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:45 am
Lol!

I always thought “why would anyone go upstate shabbos nachamu? Out of all summers of the year? Go a better weekend when there’s more parking less traffic ect.

Last year I stayed home shabbos nachamu. We loved it. I love the city in the summer. Especially shabbos nachamu weekend.

This year I wish I could stay in the city but I have a son that really needs to go upstate. He goes nuts in the city. He’s much better off with grass to run and friends to let out his abundance of energy.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 10:19 am
When I was single, Nachamu Shabbatonim were a contemporary Tu B'Av phenomenon: this was where singles went in the hopes of meeting their bashert. I have no idea when or how it became a "thing" for those who already found their bashert. Probably the same way it became a "thing" to go to Florida for Chanuka vacation or yeshiva week or whatever other narishkeit people feel forced to engage in for the sake of keeping up with the Cohens.

Who are these Cohens with whom everyone is competing, anyway?

iyar

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 10:26 am
BadTichelDay wrote:
One day I'll write a book (bli neder) and the title might be "The social habits and behavior of the common garden variety American frum Jew", subtitle "online observations from across the ocean". With 1089 color photographs and updated links.
So many odd local customs.
Sometimes, I think reading imamother is more fun than whale-watching. Twisted Evil
Yes, I know I'm being mean. Just couldn't stop myself. Bring on the tomatoes.

BadTichel,
I’m much more fun than a whale 🐳
And I can’t wait to get the first signed copy of your book!
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics